nj residents, please help.

This is a discussion on nj residents, please help. within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; my inspection is coming to an end, and i was wondering if anyone knows any "friendly" garages. ive been asking ...

nj residents, please help.

my inspection is coming to an end, and i was wondering if anyone knows any "friendly" garages. ive been asking around, and it seems to be harder than i thought to find a shop that will help me out with emissions. thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ckim9
    my inspection is coming to an end, and i was wondering if anyone knows any "friendly" garages. ive been asking around, and it seems to be harder than i thought to find a shop that will help me out with emissions. thanks.
    The problem is that all of N.J. has switched to OBD2 port testing + a visual test. It is almost impossible for a shop to get around it without taking a risk. What are you afraid of failing for?

what is OBD2 port testing? the problem is, that im running a catless vehicle, but it is understandable that i am getting denied everywhere i go. im pretty sure i would be able to pass the visual inspection because i have a hollowed out cat.

if you're that stuck you can swap a stock downpipe back on (or stock turboback)... it should only take an hour to do the swap, then just swap back after the inspection.
    bryan
    p.s. i just had my inspection done today (in PA) and i'm fully catless. i have the resistor mod in the uppipe and the MIL eliminator wired into my rear 02 sensor in the downpipe. all of my sensors were 'ready' and i passed the inspection just fine.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

they didnt do a visual?

what do they look for, a cel?

so just swapping the downpipe with the oe downpipe will make my car pass the sniffer? if so, would swapping the midpipe with the oe midpipe do the job too? thanks for the replies.

yeah well my mechanic knows i'm catless.... he told me as long as the OBD2 scan came out as it should then i'd pass. keep in mind this is in PA, not NJ.
    yeah you can just put on your stock downpipe/catpipe and then you'll have cats in place and your emissions should be fine. you could do one or the other and it will probably work fine, but you might as well just put both cats back on while you're in there.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com