Tint Shops on LI

This is a discussion on Tint Shops on LI within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; tried searching for it, nothing popped up. probably getting tint done on my car as a christmas present. i just ...

Tint Shops on LI

tried searching for it, nothing popped up. probably getting tint done on my car as a christmas present. i just want to know of any good ones on LI. the local guys (dpa) i heard suck. the place i got my tint done of my first car is kinda shady (unique autosound & security ). so im looking for a place that does a good job, price isnt too much of an issue. just want it to not bubble up after a couple of years . i know leeberbs in nj does good work, but thats...well, in nj. and its too damn cold to do it myself, and knowing me, ill have razor cuts on my windows when im done.
    04 Fools Gold Black WRX
    LISC #04

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got a ticket fo my tints. (35%) Legal tint is 70%, which is like nothing. Just a heads up.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

i heard. how much was the ticket? ive had 20% on my other car, got pulled over and the cop didnt notice it. it all depends on the cop and how shiny my pba badge is .
    04 Fools Gold Black WRX
    LISC #04

Albany, NY (school) -- Long Island, NY (home)
    hey man, theres 2 good spots on LI for tints that im aware of. the first is "tones tunes" (i think thats the name) its right by the mayfield shopping center in like kings park, a little past commack, on 25. then theres "audio designs" in hicksville, i have all my audio work done there and they do a killer job, i would recommend them to anyone. ive talked to the guy there about tints, and he said they do an amazing job. i would trust him on it. at the first place it think it was like 180 all around w/ a lifetime guarantee. i think it was 180 all around at audio designs as well, but i cant quite remember. i hope i helped you out.
    '02 PSM WRX -- turboxs turboback w/ magnaflow muffler, perrin up-pipe, helix tmic, ecutek
    LISC #13

Grafik Designs is a real good place to get your tints at. For a 4 door sedan its 120-140.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

thanks will. i think ill check out those places. i like the 180 with lifetime guarantee. my friend wish he had something like that, his tint kept on peeling off, got it replaced every month. idiot never let it dry.

as for grafik designs, my friend went there and he has more bubbles on his windows than a pot of boiling water (not a good analogy, but you get the point). im not shooting down that store, but thats just from my friends experience. thanks for the input guys.
    04 Fools Gold Black WRX
    LISC #04

Albany, NY (school) -- Long Island, NY (home)
    yea no problem man, i called that place to make an appointment in mid august, and i got one for like a week later. but from what i hear theyre usually pretty booked. i'm pretty sure about the lifetime guarantee thing, cuz i wasnt able to make my appointment and i didnt get the tints done. but ive heard some rave reviews about the place.
    '02 PSM WRX -- turboxs turboback w/ magnaflow muffler, perrin up-pipe, helix tmic, ecutek
    LISC #13

Quote Originally Posted by WrexNEfx
    thanks will. i think ill check out those places. i like the 180 with lifetime guarantee. my friend wish he had something like that, his tint kept on peeling off, got it replaced every month. idiot never let it dry.

as for grafik designs, my friend went there and he has more bubbles on his windows than a pot of boiling water (not a good analogy, but you get the point). im not shooting down that store, but thats just from my friends experience. thanks for the input guys.
    Oh, I didn't know if you wanted bubbles or not. They are great for bubbles.

My bad.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

Lee does a great job in NJ. He did my clear bra. I'm considering going back for a tint.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyimpoRts
    I got a ticket fo my tints. (35%) Legal tint is 70%, which is like nothing. Just a heads up.
    Were you pulled over for something else or for just the tints?