Hey, new Rex owner in NY!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hey, new Rex owner in NY! within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey guys, ive been browsing CWRX for sometime now but i never really introduced myself since i wasnt sure if ...

Hey, new Rex owner in NY!

Hey guys, ive been browsing CWRX for sometime now but i never really introduced myself since i wasnt sure if i was staying haha.

My names Chris, im from Somers, NY but i go to college in Boston (Northeastern Univ), and ive recently leased an 05 WRX Premium. My RSX went off lease and i wanted a car w/ AWD, and Turbo...WRX was perfect.

Im up for meets in New England and NY!

Nice to meet you guys, and i def like this forum better than Nabisco and i-Club...they just dont have the same friendly community feel.

Pics to come when i pick the car up on the 11th.
    (sorry mods, this is a repost but NY and Boston are in different forums since its not a Northeast forum)
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome, its says you have 116 post tho?
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

yea ive been active but i never introduced myself to the Local forums.

nice puma shoes on ur avatar~

welcome
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

hahah thanks. there my favorite shoes, so light, narrow, and bendable. they're Puma Speed Cats. designed after the real Puma driving shoes used by F1 and WRC drivers. the sole has a tire tread pattern, its slip proof, and oil resistant (just not flame retardant) they are great for driving in (most shoes feel loose, and large) these are perfect, first pair of shoes i ever put on brand new and drove in them like id worn them all my life.

welcome...now post some pic. Also, where is Somers??????
    LISC #16

Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes16
    welcome...now post some pic. Also, where is Somers??????
    In between Yonkers and New Paltz. So maybe hour, hour 1/2 from Manhattan would be my guess? (I had no idea as well so I looked it up on mapquest.

~myke
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails somers.bmp  
    Last edited by mykedude; 12-02-2004 at 08:48 AM.
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    somers is right next door pretty much. i got busted by a statey for flying by him at about 100mph on 35. he was cool we just sat there and talked about muscle cars. got a fix it ticket for my windshield, but thats better than double the limit.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

somers is right next door pretty much. i got busted by a statey for flying by him at about 100mph on 35. he was cool we just sat there and talked about muscle cars. got a fix it ticket for my windshield, but thats better than double the limit.

u lucky sob.. when i get pulled over.. i get a speeding, tint and exhaust ticket..
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin
    u lucky sob.. when i get pulled over.. i get a speeding, tint and exhaust ticket..
    here's a tip. no matter how much you love japmobiles, praise american muscle when you talk to cops about cars. i mean i truly love american muscle way more than my wrx, but i need something that will get me about in the winter snows.

also, degrade your car a lot, and tell him his crown vic is really FAST! (hehehe)
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

I have a quick question. I never understood why someone would lease a car like a rsx, wrx, 350 etc... I mean you can't really do any work to them, because you usually give them back after 3 years. So if you do mods to it, you gotta take them off? Unless you get the same car newer then your **** out of luck with some used parts that you have to sell for half the price.

And if I'm wrong are you going to mod your rex? And what are you going to do after your lease is up?
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

welcome to the club! check out www.unysoc.org

sorta far from you cause most of us are near albany, but it wouldn't hurt
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

hahah yea thats a map of where im from, beautifuly boring Westchester County lol.

ill def check out that site.

oh and why do i lease? i get that a lot lol. there are two reasons. 1st, commitment is a hard thing to do. i like the idea of a new car every 3 years (tho this car is so perfect all around that i may just buy her out..we'll see how the next 39months go. and 2nd, im in college, im paying for this car myself. i have enough money to afford the car and insurance as a lease. buying the car would add an additional $100/month which could be spent on liquor, or food lol.

plus, compared to my RSX this is a rocket ship. i tried to race a WRX once (well, sorta, heres the story)...i was leaving the movie theatre in cortlandt manor/mohegan lake w/ my then gf and im going up this big hill when a WRX w/ passengers (in back too), comes up passes me and gets infront of me. we then get to a two lane highway and traffic allows me to get ahead of him. then were at a light, hes behind me, van next to me. so the light changes, i dont launch but i take off almost to redline for 1st, 2nd, and he goes, next to me, and then he must of his boost cus all i saw after that was tail lights. it was like i wasnt even moving. so moral of the story is i can easily love this car stock. oh and if i really got into racing this car, it would be AutoX and so all id be allowed is light modification (dont want to be bumped up when im a novice).

Whats up dude. Congrats on your rex ! yeah your not too far from me, i'm right in thornwood which is like 15-20 mins from somers. Maybe i'll see u around, later.
    ***2004 PSM STi***

Picked her up on saturday, it was raining, and damn this car looks hot when shes wet

hahaha, pics to come later tonite!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.