Fire police giving speeding tickets?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fire police giving speeding tickets? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; My wifes friend got a speeding ticket (65 in a 25 lol) in Lorton, VA. It was a fire policeman ...

Fire police giving speeding tickets?

My wifes friend got a speeding ticket (65 in a 25 lol) in Lorton, VA. It was a fire policeman that pulled her over. See doesn't think she was going that fast. For some reason the policeman said he would change the time from 4pm to 9:30pm.

I told her to go to court and fight it. Any advice on what to say? Why would he change the time on the ticket. Was he off duty? Does it even matter. I didn't even know fire police could give traffic tickets.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

???

Ive never heard of a fire police giving a speeding ticket, but if the time is changed on the ticket, its should be voided, cuase thats not the time the incident accord
    "Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
    -The replacement for displacement is technology-
    "Never drive faster then your Guardian Angel can follow" -well b1tch, you better start catching up

If they were not caught by radar or laser, the ticket can not hold up in court...but the DA when u go to fight it will act like it can and "cut you a deal" so you pay a fine or get a smaller amount of points, when in reality the ticket should be thrown out... This is a loop whole of our great system because the DA will do whatever they can to get you to pay something, but if you stick to you where not going that fast, just as fast as traffic, then you will get out of it.

All the information you need to win this case, and make you look like a lawyer can be found here...I recommend the Legal Defense Kit that they offer well worth your time and money.

http://www.speedtrap.org/index.html
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

I told her to go to court and tell the judge that she doesn't believe she was speeding and that the ticket was given at 4pm not 9:30pm. I thought 65 in a 25 would be reckless driving.

The funny thing is, I don't doubt she was going that fast...

Technically any type of alw enforcement or official can give you a ticket, ie fire opolicec, heck even the parks police, but since he probably didnt have radar and the wrong time, she would probably win.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-
    For some reason the policeman said he would change the time from 4pm to 9:30pm.

I told her to go to court and fight it. Any advice on what to say? Why would he change the time on the ticket. Was he off duty? Does it even matter. I didn't even know fire police could give traffic tickets.
    I would had gladly accepted the ticket, and then be somewhere else that can log the location of the vehicle @ 9:30pm, i.e. EZPass.

"Your honor, I was never at that location @ 9:30 pm. I was here [proof]".

-Dave
    '03 WRX Wagon
    '99 Outback Sport
    '96 Impreza "Franken" L <- CoDriver
    http://TeamIAC.com
    http://race-sport.net
    http://racingbrake.com

I agree, you should definitely fight it. Something is strange about him wanting to change the time on the ticket.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.