First Ever Bucks Co. Gumball Rally (PA)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on First Ever Bucks Co. Gumball Rally (PA) within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; OK, A close friend is ...um... "sanctioning" (I use that LOOSELY) a gumball rally to be held in PA at ...

First Ever Bucks Co. Gumball Rally (PA)

OK,

A close friend is ...um... "sanctioning" (I use that LOOSELY) a gumball rally to be held in PA at an undisclosed location and time in the near future (think October).

It will be a flat-out rally of about 300-400 miles involving stupid things on public highways.

I may participate. The entry fee will be around $30-$50. The prizes will depend on # of participants. Any driver's caught by local law enforcement are out (obviously).

This is not for inexperienced drivers. If you have RE92s on your car, you really need not apply. I remind you that tirerack.com is running specials.

BTW, I have run this rally course with a co-driver. YOU NEED A CO-DRIVER!!! Five point harnesses are a BIG PLUS.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So this is just some race across a bunch of roads? You get caught your busted...and whoever crosses the line first is the winner?

crazy! haha
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss516
    So this is just some race across a bunch of roads? You get caught your busted...and whoever crosses the line first is the winner?

crazy! haha
    That is correct, sir.

-Jim

Brave, brave soul.

Can I have your WRX when your license gets revoked?
    2002 WRX Sedan - 2000 Mazda Miata
    Do us all a favor: work on learning how to drive your car before adding more power. Pretty please.

Originally posted by AutoXJunkie
    Brave, brave soul.

Can I have your WRX when your license gets revoked?
    '

Um, no.

-Jim

Rumor has it that Jim is giving it to me
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss516
    Rumor has it that Jim is giving it to me
    funny how rumors get started.... I'm getting it!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

This is the dumbest thing i have heard of yet

Lol...you will have every state police car after you guys...maybe u should look into some real rally track candidates, go on some dirt tracks or something .

Re: This is the dumbest thing i have heard of yet

Originally posted by BobbyD
    Lol...you will have every state police car after you guys...maybe u should look into some real rally track candidates, go on some dirt tracks or something .
    But of course we will, that's half the fun. Incidently, the starting point has NO POLICE in the township.

-Jim

Honestly, this is a pretty stupid idea.

If any of your "competitors" crashes and kills someone or someone's family, then you guys are going to be liable for millions of dollars.

This is not for inexperienced drivers.
    LOL. Define "experienced" vs "inexperienced". Anyone with real "experience" is not going to participate, based on that experience.

You'd be surprised...

Define "gumball" rally?
    <--GRAVEYARD SHIFT-->

Originally posted by The HomeliteXL
    Define "gumball" rally?
    I figured someone else would pick up this question.

I covered it in the first post. You get a crude map with a few checkpoints on it and you have to use your maps and your skills to find the check points. It usually involves picking up something that the organizer tells you to pick up at each point. It's like a scavenger hunt on wheels.

-Jim

HAHAHAH...my step-father just informed me that him and his buddies in highschool/college used to do this. That's fu.ckin hilarious!
    <--GRAVEYARD SHIFT-->

Originally posted by The HomeliteXL
    HAHAHAH...my step-father just informed me that him and his buddies in highschool/college used to do this. That's fu.ckin hilarious!
    There you go then.

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.