Rear Strut Replacement w/ Curry Subaru
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rear Strut Replacement w/ Curry Subaru within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Has anyone brought their 04 STI into Curry Subaru on Rt. 202 for rear strut replacement? Just wondering if I'm ...

Rear Strut Replacement w/ Curry Subaru

Has anyone brought their 04 STI into Curry Subaru on Rt. 202 for rear strut replacement? Just wondering if I'm going to be wasting my time or not.
    Never stop learning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DO NOT GO TO THEM!!!!!! - In yorktown right???? They are teh suck. Go to either Smith Cairns in Brewster on Route 22 or Colonial in Danbury CT - Curry has screwed way too many people I know on way to many things. - Dan
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

That's where I bought my car, damn. Well thanks for the info.
    Never stop learning.

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    damn you guys are in yorktown too? im that psycho that you might see once in a while driving an 04 black wrx (not sti) wingless. while i drive normal in my beater ('99 outback wagon), i usually take my 04 out to test a new mod (currently the stg 1 AP map), so youll see me once in a blue moon flying up the road like im on drugs.

in regards to curry, i bought my car from them. i never take it to them though, i just buy parts from the shop and do the work myself.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

Cool. Nice to meet you. Yeah, I'm bringing my car to Cairns tomorrow to have them look at my rear struts, they came recommended and when I spoke to them on the phone they were very nice. As long as everything goes well with them I'll keep giving them my business. Unfortunately I'll be leaving for school next week. But I'll be at Bear Mtn. tonight at the car show assuming everything goes as scheduled. I have a WRB STi with a NYPD hat in the back window.
    Never stop learning.

I'm in Ossining during the summer and in Troy for one more year to finish up my degree. I've probably seen your car before. Where do you go to school?
    Never stop learning.

i live at home and commute to manhattan college in riverdale every day (starts the 30th). i dont dorm cause i got to take care of the house (no parents... )

anyway, i forgot to mention, there is no way youd miss my black car. its got a giant magnetic cow (robbed it in highschool years ago) stuck on the back where S U B A R U used to be.

do you go to rpi? i went there for a semester but left cause i didnt like being far away from my mother (she had just been diagnosed with colorectal cancer).

edit: i got 2 more years for my bachelors in computer science.
    Last edited by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee; 08-18-2004 at 12:34 PM.
    My Mods

I'm sorry about your parents, cancer really is a terrible thing. A good friend of mine called me up the other day with news that her mother has it, its terrible. Everyone around me.

I do have a memory of seeing a big cow on the back of scooby, haha.

Yeah, been going to RPI for 3 years so far, small world. Can't wait to be done already. I've been majoring in Computer and Systems Engineering and I have enough interest to get a degree in it however I'm pretty sure I won't be continuing with it after college.

Good luck with the rest of your education. Perhaps we'll meet up some time.

I was just checking the weather for tonight and its not looking so good, scattered T-storms and rain so I probably won't go to the car show unless the weather clears up.
    Never stop learning.

COmplex - I have a WRB Premium Package Rex that I bought at Smith Cairns - they are a fantastic, friendly dealer - and Anthony the service manager is really cool. Weeeee....think I have seen your black rex near starbucks in yorktown. if it is you it sounds very nice from when I heard your exhaust - I am from Somers and I work in Katonah as a Kindergarten/1st grade special education assistant teacher - currently getting two masters degrees at manhattanville college in purchase in special ed and elementary education...you cant miss my car - blue i badge on the front, debadged rear cept for wrx, and a grateful dead skull decal on the back window - blue clubwrx.net sticker on drivers side rear door window - I am sure i have seen both of you guys around - I usually wave at other rex's - check my thread on cars of note for further info - there seem to be more guys then I thoguth who are affiliated with the club around here so I am gonna try to round some up. - Dan
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    My car's info

Danbob - thats another guy with the same black wrx (his is a 5 spd though) He used to have more but now he only has an axleback. My car is 100% stock except for the stg 1 AP reflash.
    My Mods

yup - seen him around and I think I have seen you too - you ever hang at starbucks and if so do you have long hair? Some guy used to come around there and he had long hair and drove a black stock 04 - also saw him at my guitar teachers house wayyyy back like a year ago-- this you? if it is, I was the kid singing a lot of zeppelin tunes with the band and playing guitar....I know its a shot in the dark but I thought maybe.....I remember people really well like that - its a wierd talent I guess.
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    My car's info

yep that kid with the long hair used to be me. i hang out a starbucks to pass the nights and control a bad drinking habit i picked up in my first year of college (coffee > hard liquor right?)

i dont remember ever going to anyones house to play guitar, but i love zeppelin.

i still got the same 94 fender strat that i started out with, and just picked it up two days ago and started playing again after a year of not touching any musical instruments.

since then, ive lost my hair (chemotherapy) so now that im recovering i keep it pretty short.

one of the guys that works in starbucks (Alex) owns an 03 white wrx with xxtuning across the hood. i took a ride in my first manual wrx yesterday, and its a night and day difference from an auto. he's got a sweet car...full turboback, uppipe, and a vf28 (i think its 28 he said).

-James
    My Mods

Alright - I totaly know who ya aare James - nice - I am positive Iwill run into you sometime within the next two weeks or so - anyway - I know Alex too - that is a very nice car that he drives and its incredibly fast. He has a lot of interesting and unique things done to it. He just is in desperate needs of some gauges so that he can make sure he isnt blowing anything up while driving hahaha. I too pass my time at starbucks just to avoid doing other things that are destructive - My friend Gabe is one of the Shift managers there so me and my friend Nick usually get free drinks and just sit and shoot the sh*t there cause its outside - Cool man I thought I knew who ya were - well I am sure I'll c ya soon. - Dan
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    My car's info

im gonna go over there tonight with my black car. i wanna get some thoughts of the wheels i repainted (im on the 4th right now). they were getting too scuffed, and i curbed a few times half a year ago.

so ill be over there tonight or across the street in the coachlight (roachlight) shooting pool with my friend phil.

if youre going out tonight i might see ya.

-James
    My Mods

By the way, the WRB STi that can be found outside Solaris is me. I go there with my friend who lives in Yorktown once in a while.
    Never stop learning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast