Rear Strut Replacement w/ Curry Subaru - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Rear Strut Replacement w/ Curry Subaru within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; ahh ok, i flew by there just now. i was out testing to make sure i tightened the lugs securely...

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    ahh ok, i flew by there just now. i was out testing to make sure i tightened the lugs securely
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I will agree the service at Smith Cairns in Brewster is good, I have had them work on my car several times.

Originally posted by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
    ahh ok, i flew by there just now. i was out testing to make sure i tightened the lugs securely
    Make sure to check the lugs again in about 10 miles just to be on the safe side.
    Never stop learning.

Seen the wrb sti outside solaris - there is also some dude with a white rex debadged who goes there - mid thirties I would guess - car looks mostly tock cept for the trunk - James I will be in Y-town tomorrow on and off I am sure - look for my wrb in the bucks parking lot in the evening nice and clean - I was in Newtown CT at my GF's all day today - I am in CT a lot because both her and my best friend live in newtown so I am not in Ytown as much as I used to be - but I am still there a few times a week - CT is the reason why my car is 3 months old and has friggin 10000 miles on it!!!!!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

my car is 3 months old and has friggin 10000 miles on it!!!!!!!
    damn...mines a year old with ~13k miles, and i thought i drove a lot.
    My Mods

Went up to Smith Cairns to pick up the car after receiving a phone call that they had to order 1 rear strut plus mounting parts. They told me the car was drivable so I picked it up while I wait for the parts to arrive. Just thought I would let you guys know that I was another victim of a bad rear strut.
    Never stop learning.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Weeeeeeeeee how do u like ur college? my buddy is going there, going to be a freshmen, he is happy to be close to the city.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

im transfering there on the 30th so i cant tell ya, sorry. But, after living in yorktown for 19 years, i can tell ya, i HATE the hustle of the city. just like to do things myself and not have much interaction with groups. im not one of those psycho reclusive people but im just not interested in many many people (like clubs n stuff)
    My Mods

im off to ajs tomorrow (today) im gonna see if me and my bro phil can pick up some woman to double team (yea i know im f'ed up).
    My Mods

HEY! Don't hijack my thread with pron!!11!!111!11!!
    Never stop learning.

Curry's Auto is the devil.

What was your experience? I wasn't impressed by their degree of knowledge.
    Never stop learning.

sorry bout that. anyway, ajs was bland, so i went to go play some pool.

curry in yorktown isnt that bad. theres one guy in the shop whos a master at subarus. i always used to talk with him about the wrxs when i was gonna buy one. he was the one who told me about the 3rd cyl lean out, but i would be fine if i kept fuel and cooling in check.
    My Mods

Update: Brough it in Thursday for a friday morning appointment to have the suspension examined. The dealer called me on Friday and told me what needed to be replaced and told me the car was "drivable" so I took it home on Friday while the parts were on order. I had explicitely explained to them that I would need the car Wed. morning (Tuesday night pickup). Well, I guess they didn't look at my car on Friday morning like it was scheduled for so they weren't able to order the parts till Monday. They told me the parts should come in Tuesday and if they did, they would have it done by Tuesday night. Anyway, the parts didn't arrive in time, so I had to take the car back home on Tuesday to leave for school the next morning. I called today to see if the parts had come in and to see if there was a slight chance that I could bring the car in on Labor Day (yes I know I should have thought twice about that one, but it was the only day during the week I had off for the month of September and they don't do service on Saturday) and I was basically told that the parts are ready to be sent back to where they came from and that I was an unreasonable customer with extreme time restraints. I didn't force anyone to do this work. All they had to do was say the word that they couldn't guaruntee the car would be done by Tuesday night and I would have told them not to bother. But now I'm the bad guy. I got the, "you didn't even buy the car from us," the "you told us this" when that wasn't the way we left off and the guy even passed a comment on my asking if they were open labor day. He actually told me that he "didn't know why I was even calling." I thought these comments were extrememly childish and I found myself apoligizing for not being "clear" enough for them when I thought I was pretty clear about when the car needed to be done. Its experiences like this that dissolve any pity I have for dealers when I know that I'm haggling them to death when I purchase a car. They were very nice and helpful until they realized they weren't going to be able to get the work completed, then it became my fault and now I'm the bad guy.

Sorry for the rant. But I had to get this out. I feel better now.
    Never stop learning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12