02 WRB WRX Stolen 7/17 Montclair NJ - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 WRB WRX Stolen 7/17 Montclair NJ within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I've been saving for a WRX for a while, but hearing stories like this freak me out about buying one ...

I've been saving for a WRX for a while, but hearing stories like this freak me out about buying one in NJ...

I live in Bloomfield, about 5 minutes away from Montclair!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by JohnnyLevels
    I've been saving for a WRX for a while, but hearing stories like this freak me out about buying one in NJ...

I live in Bloomfield, about 5 minutes away from Montclair!
    I would honestly make an Appointment to see Someone in the area about some added security. I can give you the info of the guy that did my stuff if you want... saved my car once already...

Brian, I've been keeping my eyes peeled on the street for your ride... hope osmething comes up soon...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by MidKnight
    I would honestly make an Appointment to see Someone in the area about some added security. I can give you the info of the guy that did my stuff if you want... saved my car once already...
    JohnnyLevels,

If you are going get a wrx pm Steve to find out what he did. You HAVE to get something if you are going live in that area. It really sucks.

Brian, I've been keeping my eyes peeled on the street for your ride... hope osmething comes up soon...
    Thanks Steve. Maybe you should keep your eyes peeled for a stripped car at this point. It's been 12 days.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

tan
    I have a friend that lives next to the Women's Center....

a modified (behind the wife's back) Bug and a Volvo V70R.....cars still there.

bump for updates?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Now I remember why I have an alarm, the club, and the UTEC kill map.

-Jim

hey brian..
    sucks that you had to find ur car in that condition. just pisses u off ppl would do that crap. now what happens witht he insurance. They gunna total the car?

+ Can't imagine that...must be hard seeing something you put so much into ripped apart like that. Hopefully insurance hooks you up.

edit: WTF? why is my post showing up above Brian's? hrmmm...maybe its just my pc
    4 tires...a motor...a couple doors I think...I'd have to check.

Originally posted by Silva_Wagon
    [Bedit: WTF? why is my post showing up above Brian's? hrmmm...maybe its just my pc [/B]
    I have no idea why this is happening.

I am still in NJ hoping that I can get the insurance person to take a look at it today while I am here so that I don't have to take another day off from work.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Quick update.

My car was found on 8/2 in Newark. It just so happened that I was in NJ taking a day off on Monday when I got the call.

I took a look at it today and it was pretty much stripped. the wheels, brakes, suspension, parts of the bodykit, dash, gauges were all gone.

Since I was down here I did not have my keys so I couldn't get a good look at my engine. They took the scoop so I could see a little. The intercooler, turbo and exhaust were all gone. I did see the intake manifold so I am guessing most of the engine was there.

Next up is the insurance agent. I am hoping to get in touch with the insurance person to find out when they will take a look so that I can get back down here.

I will post some pics tomorrow.
    Last edited by WRC_Obsessed; 08-04-2004 at 08:12 AM.
    -Brian

glad you got your car back. hope the insurance cover most of you mods.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

That sucks dood...hopefully insurance takes the hit on this and you come back bigger and better.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Yeah, I hope they total it too because I was talking with Weasel 555 last night and he said that most likely if I get the car back the theft will go into the vehicle's history.

So any time you pull up a vehicle history report on my car it will apear as a recovered stolen vehicle. Good luck trying to sell that car. Who in their right mind would buy a previously stolen car? There is no way in hell I would.
    -Brian

Go vandalize your car, that'll make it totalled.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I just spoke to the insurance guy who looked at the car and it is a TOTAL LOSS!!!!!!

woooohooooo!!!

He said that when he opened the car it was full of gas fumes. I am sure the theives were pretty close to torching the car.
    -Brian

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.