Owning a WRX in New York_ Please advise - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Owning a WRX in New York_ Please advise within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Things to ask yourself: Where am I working and it's relation to where I will live. Parking? Do I want ...

ClubWRX.net Vendor JnJassociates's Avatar
    Things to ask yourself:

Where am I working and it's relation to where I will live.

Parking? Do I want space to work on my car?

How much do I want to spend?

Some folks mentioned Brooklyn. I like Greenpoint, because there are still a few low cost rentals around. It's kind of like a mini soho.

The rest of the areas, good luck. I suggest you look in Queens as well. If you know where you will be working, then look around for something that will be a 20 minute subway ride. With rush hour, you should have a travel time of 40 minutes max.

I've lived in Manhattan as a kid as well as in college. I went to school in Manhattan. The "life" is way to expensive and not all it's cracked up to be.

Queens, Brooklyn and yes, the Bronx are great areas for first timers. The Throggs Neck section is still affordable, but clean and safe. Plus it is only a bus ride away from Manhattan.

Elmhurst, Forest Hills, Astoria, Middle Village are all in Queens and are great places to live. Though they are getting a little expensive. That's because these neighborhoods are all close to mass transit/highways/bridges/tunnels. Which makes getting around easy enough.

However, I found myself wanting more privacy as well as space. So I moved to LI and have more room and privacy for what a nice two bedroom goes for in Queens. Plus, I own it. Some may disagree and that's fine. Just think about what is important to you and how much you can afford.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The afford part is the bigest factor. I expect to get a nice place, I think you have to in New york. Everything is so tight / small, you need a great little apartment, and you need to like your neigborhood...it seems like it is an extension of your space.
    This is where the car comes into question? My boss thinks it is a great idea to bring it. He will benifit I am sure, but he thinks it will become important to have that indepenance as well. Be able to get out of town when I want.

I have heard queens is great, and I will definalty check those places out.

I am surprised by all of your great suggestions, and I really appreciate everything. It is a dificult move I am faceing, and all of your folks suggestions help.

Thanks Christopher

Well Fellas,

I guess some of my woes have been decided for me. My car was stolen last night.

Originally posted by Balthus
    Well Fellas,

I guess some of my woes have been decided for me. My car was stolen last night.
    Dang !!!

Sorry to hear

-Dave
    '03 WRX Wagon
    '99 Outback Sport
    '96 Impreza "Franken" L <- CoDriver
    http://TeamIAC.com
    http://race-sport.net
    http://racingbrake.com

Gawd!

I'm amazed. Everyone's cars are being stolen.

Good luck and reach out when you come to NY.

-B4.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.