Mountain Biking in NJ

This is a discussion on Mountain Biking in NJ within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Anyone here up for some group biking on the Jersey Shore, namely the Navesink park area and up and down ...

Mountain Biking in NJ

Anyone here up for some group biking on the Jersey Shore, namely the Navesink park area and up and down the coast?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

str
    Definetly!! I mountain bike several times per week, I love it. I live in Delaware so if you plan this on a weekend I can definetly drive to NJ. If you want to email me the details, str27@comcast.net

str:
    Definitely. I'm just now in the process of insuring my new baby here and finalizing everything. Once that is all taking care of, I'll be tuning up my POS mountain bike at the shop in town and get some quick releases on the wheels. After that, its no problem and its uber easy to get to the shore if you know how to get on the Garden State Parkway. How do you haul around your bike(s)?
    Do you have a trailer hitch or roof rack? Kinda makes me wish i didnt get the factory spoiler and I coulda gotten a thule trunk mount and then later on find a spoiler that would work with it and still look good

Once I get everything in order ill let you know.

I got a Thule roof rack for my WRX. I love it so far except for not adjusting the clamp before using it (my bike fell onto the roof...put two little dents in it from the petal) and the fairing is giving me trouble so I get a good bit of wind noise until I can figure out how to mount it properly.

str
    I had to get the Yakima rack that you can only order through Subaru. It's a nice roof rack, I like it. Just let me know a little ahead of time when you want to go. Are there some good trails down there. I'm really into the singletrack, not much into riding on the road or a wide trail. I bike in this GREAT park called Fair Hill which is in Maryland. If anyone wants some great mountain biking, I could show you the trails there. Awesome singletrack.