Insane price on WRXs in Rochester
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Insane price on WRXs in Rochester within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Just thought I'd share this ridiculously low price with everyone... Because the 05 WRXs have arrived, Piehler Subaru in Rochester ...

Insane price on WRXs in Rochester

Just thought I'd share this ridiculously low price with everyone...

Because the 05 WRXs have arrived, Piehler Subaru in Rochester is selling 04 WRXs for 17,700!! Brand new. It's insane. Wish I had the money for one now...

I spoke with a salesman and apparently the MSRP is down in the 19K range now. Has anyone else experienced this type of pricing with other dealers yet?
    Last edited by JohnnyLevels; 05-25-2004 at 11:03 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Read the fine print..... I got my 03 last year around september for around 20,500... It seems a bit early for the 04 blowouts yet,,, they may be cutting one a week at a low price to drag you in. www.carsdirect.com seems to be a great site to gauge the price you can get a car at,,, They have '04s at 22,000 right now so in a few months they will be at what I got mine at at the same time in the model year... If you see a sub 20 thou WRX in a '04 look at the delivery date it may have been sitting there since September last year and been subjected to balls out test drives....
    Its all fun and games till someone loses an eye....

Originally posted by grimm
    Read the fine print..... I got my 03 last year around september for around 20,500... It seems a bit early for the 04 blowouts yet,,, they may be cutting one a week at a low price to drag you in. www.carsdirect.com seems to be a great site to gauge the price you can get a car at,,, They have '04s at 22,000 right now so in a few months they will be at what I got mine at at the same time in the model year... If you see a sub 20 thou WRX in a '04 look at the delivery date it may have been sitting there since September last year and been subjected to balls out test drives....
    I'm still wondering if the salesman made a mistake and it's actually a 2.5RS he's talking about..hmmm...

It has to be,,, that is way low on WRX. Maybe something happened to it, I worked for a dealership 10 years ago and I watched a Dodge Conquest Turbo go off the ramps of a delivery truck about 3 feet off the ground. The back end got crushed, but after bodywork it was back on the lot a week later listed as brand new, I felt bad for the unknowing person who purchased it. At 20,500 I am still wondering what was wrong with mine, it listed at 25,600 loaded to the gills.
    Its all fun and games till someone loses an eye....

Originally posted by JohnnyLevels
    I'm still wondering if the salesman made a mistake and it's actually a 2.5RS he's talking about..hmmm...

A salesman not knowing wtf he's talking about ? Shocking !!

That's Theory A

Case in point - parents got dragged to a VW dealer an hour away because it was the only place that had white Passats (big car). Turns out the jagazz salesman didnt know the difference between a Passat and a Jetta

Theory B is its a demo beater, or some other wear/damage

Theory C is the fine fine fine print, which presumes a $5K trade in or something similar.

Theory D is more sinister -- the dealer is pulling a fast one -- an old Integra buddy of mine was sold an "Integra LS" that curiously was missing ABS and had an aftermarket sunroof. Turns out the dealer was taking the bottom of the line RS model and adding a sunroof to it and trying to pass it off as the more expensive (say, $2500+) LS model. Lawsuits ensued.
    Last edited by WRX_Wagon; 05-28-2004 at 11:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.