PA exhaust modification law
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PA exhaust modification law within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; One of my friends recently got stopped for having a cat-back exhaust on his Civic in Chester County, PA. He ...

PA exhaust modification law

One of my friends recently got stopped for having a cat-back exhaust on his Civic in Chester County, PA. He said that the police gave him 10 days to get the stock exhaust back on or face fine. Police said that it is against PA state law to make any modifications to exhaust which increase sound of exhaust. Is this an actual law? I asked another friend and he said that he heard this before. Ive had modified exhausts on a couple cars and never had issue. Has anybody in PA ever been stopped for having non-stock exhaust, and/or do you know where I can find copy of the PA modify law?

Thanks...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ROFL!!!!

Im from York , PA orginally and if thats the case they will be pullin over POS civics and cavs with fart cans all day!!

I wish people didnt think that installing a loud obnoxious exhaust adds 100 whp but by the sounds of it you would think it does!!!

Originally posted by cbr600f3
    ROFL!!!!

Im from York , PA orginally and if thats the case they will be pullin over POS civics and cavs with fart cans all day!!

I wish people didnt think that installing a loud obnoxious exhaust adds 100 whp but by the sounds of it you would think it does!!!
    Yeah. The guy with a civic had a 5zigen catback, it was rather obnoxious. The exhaust on my rex is not too loud at all, has a nice low boxer rumble... maybe thats why I've never had an issue with the law. The civic sounded like a lawnmower on a loudspeaker. It would be nice if a cat-back added 100 whp lol..

tan
    Last edited by tan; 05-20-2004 at 12:28 PM.

thanks tan . answered my question from your link i found http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/06...hap157toc.html

Exclamation

As for aftermarket exhaust systems, it seems anything is legal, as long as it isn't too loud. Witness the PA Inspections:

(6) Inspect exhaust system and reject if one or more of the following apply:

(i) The vehicle has no muffler or muffler has external repair.

(ii) There are loose or leaking joints.

(iii) There are holes, cracks or leaking seams in exhaust system.

(iv) There is a muffler cutout or similar device.

(v) Part of the exhaust system passes through the occupant compartment.

(vi) The elements are not securely fastened with proper clamps and hangers.

(vii) The exposed exhaust system does not have adequate heat shield or protective system.

(viii) The exhaust does not discharge to the outside edge of the vehicle body, including a truck bed, or as originally designed.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

i have a 90crx, just got bout 2 weeks ago. got pulled over today about my exhaust was too loud. also he said i tail light was out so i didnt know that, but its about my exhaust system and my one windshield wiper. what u think?

exhaust system and windshield wpier

i have a 90 crx with one windshield wiper, got pulled over today cuz of my exhaust system was loud and i had a tail light out. is the one windshield wiper and my exhaust system legal?..

I Support ClubWRX
    May 2004 - thread from the dead!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Vez
    This should answer most of your questions:

Modified Exhaust Ticket in Phoenixville!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.