Carlisle Custom Compacts in Harrisburg PA Sat 15May2004
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Carlisle Custom Compacts in Harrisburg PA Sat 15May2004 within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Anyone rolling to the Carlisle Custom Compact show in Harrisburg this weekend? A few of us are headed up from ...

I Support ClubWRX

Carlisle Custom Compacts in Harrisburg PA Sat 15May2004

Anyone rolling to the Carlisle Custom Compact show in Harrisburg this weekend? A few of us are headed up from SE PA this Sat., early? Welcome to tag along with us.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I will be there on Saturday, but no STI to drive up......yet.
    04 STI
    FPGreen

I'll be at the show on Saturday as a spectator. See you there.
    ^..^

Beware of people who dislike cats. -Irish Proverb

I'm registered in an indoor spot. Stop by and say hi!! (Mine is a WRB '04)

Tuned Perfection Autosports
    2005 Sti Widebody

I'll be there coming from NY. Hopefully I can get into the outdoor judged field, if the spots are not filled already.

Oh, and does anyone know if there are any local bars and/or nightlife in the area? I'll be coming up friday night most likely and stay in a hotel there for the weekend with a couple of friends. Anyone sleeping over the weekend there?

Ro

I Support ClubWRX
    Harrisburg is fairly big, so I'm sure there is something in the area. We are driving up and back same day, so won't be staying over night. Sorry couldn't help more.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

RICE RICE RICE RICE......I am steering clear of the riceathon, attitude, and juvenile deliquincy at all costs!!!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

i have graduation from college...so i wont be able to make it! go to second street in downtown harrisburg if you wanna go out on friday night. lots of really nice bars there...they have a coyote ugly bar and the girls are crazy hot!
    "The only real sports are bull fighting, mountain climbing, and auto racing; all the others are just games"-E. Hemmingway

^ Rice? Sure there may be a little bit there. Carlisle shows are very well ran compared to many shows I've been to. I believe this year they also have an scca event there plus a drift event.
    2005 Sti Widebody

I Support ClubWRX
    I would have to agree...suburu's are usually well represented since their introduction, and I've yet to see a "riced out" scoobie at Carlisle. Maybe this year will be different, but it's close, and based on my past experiences, a good time for checking out whats on the market, especially for performance products. Hell, most folks that don't know think my car is all riced out, and it's stock, so I guess it depends on your definition.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I just don't like cars that have tons of work done to them that are never driven hard, and I really cannot stand the attitude and antics of the moajority of the people that patronize that show and other shows of its kind. I mean, after all, if it were not for the immature behavoir of all the attending morons last year, the show would still be at the Carlisle Fairgrounds now wouldn't it?

But I guess if you like WRXs with 19" Aces that have the wrong offset, its great!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I Support ClubWRX
    Can't argue with you there...however, if an owner is a moron, does that make the car bad? I go to see the vehicles, not the morons, and won't let immature, imbecelic attitudes keep me away from what I enjoy...cars. I can overlook the losers, just so long as they overlook me. Just like weekend after next...Summit Point hello! Can't wait to show those Porsches my tail lights again! And believe it or not, some of that crowd can be morons too. Basically, what I'm trying to say is I can't fault you for not going as that is your choice, but why let the actions and attitudes of some losers prevent you from enjoying a scene where there are some serious perfomers that show up. As you know if you have been there in the past, it ain't all about the bling baby...I've seen some major stealth also, and thats my bag!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    I just don't like cars that have tons of work done to them that are never driven hard, and I really cannot stand the attitude and antics of the moajority of the people that patronize that show and other shows of its kind. I mean, after all, if it were not for the immature behavoir of all the attending morons last year, the show would still be at the Carlisle Fairgrounds now wouldn't it?

But I guess if you like WRXs with 19" Aces that have the wrong offset, its great!

-joe
    I have attended the show every year since 1998 and I have never once ran into any of the problems that arose with the behavoir and I even stay in town all weekend. I think that a majority of the problems were at night, and directly stemmed from the crappy security and the abundance of alchohol.

My car is in the indoor judged field. It has (according to the WRX forum) gay ricer graphics, a gay ricer CF hood, and gay wheels. Yet it sill goes 11's so I guess it's only a little gay.

Car shows house a lot of cars that have a lot of "misdirected" effort poured into them, but it's not the misdirection that is fun, it's the fact that people are actually showing a passion for automobiles. Misguided as that passion may be, it's still fun to hang out with a diverse crowd. If we were all the same that truly would be gay.

Also, no alcohol is allowed on the premises this year, which will probably drive some of the "moron's" away. I thought last year the amount and quality of wrx's was really good, nothing really hideous looking at all.
    2005 Sti Widebody

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast