Precision Tuning Questions!

This is a discussion on Precision Tuning Questions! within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Whats up everyone! just curious what everyones experiences with Precision Tuning in Brick, NJ is... How fast was there work ...

Precision Tuning Questions!

Whats up everyone! just curious what everyones experiences with Precision Tuning in Brick, NJ is... How fast was there work done?? What was the Turnaround time?? How much of a warranty did you get with your engine work??? I know they sponsor this forum, im just lookin for some unbiased reviews! Got my new project almost underway and im curious as to the Turnaround time and experience of this shop and if they backup there work 100%. Ive dealt with many subaru shops in the past, and after getting burnt by ILP im very leary of the whole subaru aftermarket shop deal. Since develging into the domestic drag-racing shop market and speed there seems to be much more honest people in general, but i am not one to be biased, i guess its just my experience with shops?

So far the Shops which deal with subarus that i have had Good experience with:

Platinum Performance(Jim is a good guy and will go the extra mile to make sure you are happy!)
    Rallispec (wish they had more people working here and could turnaround jobs faster! But top notch work)
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cnk
    I had them install my turbo and injectors. It took a while due to some seized bolts, but all-in-all, a very professional and friendly place. Bob and Rich are great to talk to and they really know their stuff. Before going to them, I had never taken my car to any shop. I can say that I would trust them with my car any day.

Calvin

Thumbs up

I second that...They installed my turbo and injectors. Other than waiting for my turn, the guys were great. The fact that they are so popular exemplifies their professionalism. I would say definitly call to set up an appointment if possible..

Lonnie
    VF 39 STAGE IV UTEC, STI V.7 TMIC- GONE
    2006 LGT-soon to be upgraded

Re: Precision Tuning Questions!

they installed my rear tower bar, and front lower arm bar, it was ready in two hrs. very friendly! am going back for more work as i continue buying parts.

Originally posted by RobPA
    Whats up everyone! just curious what everyones experiences with Precision Tuning in Brick, NJ is... How fast was there work done?? What was the Turnaround time?? How much of a warranty did you get with your engine work??? I know they sponsor this forum, im just lookin for some unbiased reviews! Got my new project almost underway and im curious as to the Turnaround time and experience of this shop and if they backup there work 100%. Ive dealt with many subaru shops in the past, and after getting burnt by ILP im very leary of the whole subaru aftermarket shop deal. Since develging into the domestic drag-racing shop market and speed there seems to be much more honest people in general, but i am not one to be biased, i guess its just my experience with shops?

So far the Shops which deal with subarus that i have had Good experience with:

Platinum Performance(Jim is a good guy and will go the extra mile to make sure you are happy!)
    Rallispec (wish they had more people working here and could turnaround jobs faster! But top notch work)

they r probably the best, and most reliable shop in the tri-state....
    every shop says they treat your car like their own, but the difference is, precision really does!!!!

as far as turn around..... if you schedule yourself on a saturday, it'll probably be a while.....but if you tell them you need to be done asap(when you make an appointment) I'm sure they will do everything they can...

everyone gets their work done on saturday....I 've personally been there when they stayed at the shop till 8 or 9 pm to get their customer's cars done. that's why they r the best...

Precision Tuning is awesome, you won't be disappointed at all.

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I Support ClubWRX
    I will never be able to say enpough good things about PT and Bob and Rich.... There have been several times in the past where they have gone above and beyond the service that you would expect. I'll give you an example that was from last week actually...

I was having APS fuel rails, XS450 turbo and XS800cc injectors put in aswell as an uppipe from nino's. Well, after the manifold was off the car and everything got taken apart, we realized that the APS rails wouldn't fit without TGV deletes. I didn't have them on hand, but I did have them at home. Instead of them putting everything back together and making me pay again the next day the labor for taking things apart, Rich lent me his car. (Keep in mind that it was already about 7PM on a Thrusday evening when this happened)
    I went home that evening, came back in the morning with the TGV deletes, then took Rich's car again to Atlantic City for a work conference. I got back to the shop at about 7:30PM and Rich was still there cursing APS fuel rails. They were leaking from all sorts of places, but Rich took his time and made sure that everything fit and was snug and not leaking. We were there until 9-9:30pm(on a friday night!) before Bob and Rich were satisfied with the work and the car was running properly.

This is not the first time these guys have gone out of their way and have stayed until some ridiculous hour to make sure that things were done properly. Their dedication to customer service and satisfaction is second to none. They are the only installers I would recommend in the Tri-State and the only ones who touch my car other than myself...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by MidKnight
    We were there until 9-9:30pm(on a friday night!)
    That reminds me of that Ding King meet -- so many people were there, people's work kept getting pushed back. Instead of cancelling on the stuff I wanted to get done (since I asked them with very short notice) and making me come back another time...they were working on my car until well past 8pm. They didn't have to be there....but they were.

Going the extra mile like that definitly doesn't go unrecognized or unappreciated.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I highly recommend P.T. Bob and Rich know there stuff! i've had everything from uppipe, downpipe,60k service, swaybar, oil change, plugs the whole nine. all fast and professional!

They had my flywheel and clutch combo installed in under 3 hours...and the price was awesome. Highly recommended.
    Chris
    1999 Impreza RS - 12.096 @ 114.63
    2002 WRX - 12.602 @ 111.08
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 11 second scrap pile - SOLD

Just updating everyone... My mothers subaru outback received a warped head, and was taken apart by a local mechanic 7 months ago, after about a month of him taking it apart and beginning the process he was unable to complete or even start the job, so he threw all of my moms parts in boxes... We took the car up to precision and they did a great job on the car. Although taking 4 months for completion, the car is now running great and we received an awesome price for the man hours put into the car.. I would personally like to thank Rich for all of his help and putting up with our B1tching! Car is running great!

- Rob
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.