Caught Speeding in Indian Lake,NY
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Caught Speeding in Indian Lake,NY within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Looking for some possible advice here.......... Exactly 11 days after picking up my WRX I started out on the 3 ...

Unhappy Caught Speeding in Indian Lake,NY

Looking for some possible advice here.......... Exactly 11 days after picking up my WRX I started out on the 3 hour trip from Hudson Falls to my parents house in Carthage, NY. It was a bright sunny day and I found myself all alone on a very straight slightly inclined pach of NYS Rt 28 just about 4 miles south of the town of Indian Lake. Anybody who has traveled 28 through the mountains know there are precious few straights. Anyway, I was in 4th and running about 60. Presented with this golden opportunity to see what she would do, without downshifting I quickly got to 100 and with more open road, I accelerated past 120 before letting off. Just as the speedo started to drop my radar started going off like whoa! No single chip, just full bore. Needless to say, a Statey had a sweet position overlooking the stretch I was on. I knew I was screwed. As soon as I saw light behind me (way behind) I pulled over and shut the car off. The cop was very cool. He complimented me on how sharp he thought the car looked and asked me what it had for an engine. After an obligatory lecture he wrote me up for 111 in a 55. To make a long story even longer, I am looking for advice as to what kind of **** I'm in, any experience anyone may have had with this level of infraction (11pt speed) and/or any experience with the town of Indian Lake Court. I am 28, unmarried, no DWIs or accidents on my record. There is the matter of a 70/55 I got a little over a year ago, and a 75/65 i got over 2 yrs ago. I know points are only supposed to count against your licence for only 18 months from date of conviction. Can the DA consider the 2 yr old ticket that showed up on my DMV abstract? I have gotten a lawyer who can get me something, but not sure what. My insurance doubled with this car already (from $98/month to $187 with Geico) just for putting it on the road and I am scared ****less about the possibility of getting dropped.
    Black Pearl '04 WRX 0 mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey there, welcome to the club.

As for your ticket...you're kinda screwed. They can arrest you for anything over 94mph, so consider yourself lucky!

As for the ticket, expecting something a lot more than $300, and probably a suspension.

On the bright side, check out www.unysoc.org , Upstate NY Subaru Owners Club, meeting monthly or so in the Albany/Saratoga Springs region

Good luck,

Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I think I know the exact spot you're talking about. I've been making trips to the Adirondacks all my life and have learned where some of the speed traps are on those mountain roads. I know for a fact that there is a specific spot outside of Indian Lake that is a straitaway that troopers use as a speed trap. I've seen it myself and I knew someone who actually lived in Indian Lake who told me about it. They dont mess around up there... they need and want that ticket money... but you never know, you might get lucky.

I have found a better route for my travels through the Adirondacks, but I am always travelling more up north, and not west like you would be to Carthage. Coming from Glens Falls, you really dont have any other choices on what road to take.

I'll give them all the F'ing ticket money they want if they don't yank my license.

Since you have two other accounts of speeding on your record I don't know if the prosecutor would help you out. The best thing to do is to plead not guilty and go talk to the prosecutor just in case. He may be able to get that reduced to a violation with less points but maybe cost you more money...

I have the lawyer who handles all the stuff for the town I live in, and he is supposed to be pretty good. I have to call him Monday and see if he has found out anything. I fully expect this to cost me north of $1500 between the Lawyer and the fine (damn, I coulda done alot to my car with that). I wonder if Geico will catch wind of whatever conviction I get if there is no suspension involved. They only seem to run you DMV records if there is a change to your policy. The ticket I got over a year ago only showed up once I took my Stratus off and put the WRX on, and I had 2 6-month policies go into effect in between. Either way, the judge could let me off scott free and it will be the last speeding ticket I will ever get. Just hearing the officer say the words, "I had you on the gun at 111" was enough to stop my heart. By far the most exhilerating and stupid thing I have ever done, and will not be repeated. No stop light races for this cat anytime soon. For anybody who cares, I will post the results of the case. I have been reading posts about people doing 150+ in various vehicles, and I can't even imagine somthing that insanely fast. I like to think I am a pretty responsible person, but really, who could buy a car with all this hype and not open it up once. I just did it in the wrong place.

Yes keep me posted so I know how the outcome goes and drive careful from now on...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.