Where should I live in NNJ?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Where should I live in NNJ? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I know this should be in "Off Topic", but I just wanted to make sure that it's regional-specific. So here's ...

Where should I live in NNJ?

I know this should be in "Off Topic", but I just wanted to make sure that it's regional-specific.

So here's my problem. I have to move to NNJ in a few weeks and don't have an apartment yet. I'll be working in Secaucus and my girlfriend will be taking classes in Scotch Plains and Newark. We're looking for a place somewhere in between. I think my max commute range is 30 minutes each way.

I'm looking in the 700-1000 range for a one bedroom place. My only requirement is air conditioning.

So where should I live? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My friend lives in Engelwood Cliffs, and that place is beautiful. But that's a little farther away.

Teaneck is nice
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

tan
    Probably somewhere around Bloomfield, Bellevue, North Arlington...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.jpg  

Cool...how's East Orange? I found some decently priced places in the area that looked alright.

tan
    I know one of the East Orange Municipality Engineers drives a TDI...

I think East Orange is the nicer of the Oranges.

Stay away from the Rte 46-Rte 3 intersection in Clifton....nightmare area heading Rte 3 towards Secaucus (weekend traffic can be murder also)

Try rutherford or lyndhurst I don't think they are too high priced over in that area...

Well, considering about 15 of the 50 WRXs stolen in the last 6 months (there is a major WRX theft problem here) have wound up in East Orange, I would say HELL NO!!!

I would look in Montclair, that is a nice area. Roselle Park, Garwood, Cranford, Westfield are all nice as well. All of them are along the parkway.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I'm still driving my '90 Camry, but it's always good to plan ahead for a place that doesn't have a lot of stolen WRX reports. Thanks for the help so far.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.