Tracks In Pennsylvania
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tracks In Pennsylvania within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Are there any road courses/tracks in Pennsylvania?...

Tracks In Pennsylvania

Are there any road courses/tracks in Pennsylvania?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

Of course. The two that come to mind are Beaver Run, near Pittsburgh, and Pocono International Raceway (oval). Oh yeah, Nazareth Speedway as well (1 mile oval).
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

FWIW Pocono Raceway also has at LEAST 2 road courses (North and South). Possibly E & W as well, but I'm not sure....
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Sedona Red Wagon, Nicely Tinted

Thule Bike RackS

BeaveRun is sick. Such a nice place.
    Huge skid pad for autoX and a reconfigurable Karting track too.

http://www.beaverun.com/

tracks

Hey thanks guys i've always heard of wrx's going to the dragstrip, including myself. But i believe that the track is where the wrx really excels. i would love to go to one of these over the summer. Also does anybody know how you can do this stuff professionally?

I Support ClubWRX
    BeaverRun does several ralleycross events, too. Several of the Cleveland area guys go over regularly for track time, auto-x, and ralleycross. One of the first auto-x events was on the kart track.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

Question

Where do you live in Pennsylvania? I usually head down to Summit Point in West Virginia to get my fix of track time. I haven't had the opportunity yet w/ my WRX, but I used to take my RX-7 all the time. What a blast! It beats drag racing, 10 fold. Summit Point is about a 5-6 hour drive, about the same as going to Beaver Run from Philly.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

where i live

i live in Williamsport PA, so i'm not shure how to get to beaver run. How much did it cost you to go? maybe we could meet up sometime this summer and go over their together.

I have not been to Beaver Run yet... I am looking to go. I am trying to find a group that provides "driving seminars" at the track. Once I do, I may see if I can get the time off from work to enjoy that track.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.