Van Bortel Subaru

This is a discussion on Van Bortel Subaru within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So I've been scanning the threads for mentions of Van Bortel Subaru and it seems that most people had great ...

Van Bortel Subaru

So I've been scanning the threads for mentions of Van Bortel Subaru and it seems that most people had great experiences there. I'm originally from Rochester and am moving away to NJ in a few months, but would definitely take a road trip if I could get a good price on an 04 WRX or used 02-03.

So I'm curious what you guys/girls have to offer about Van Bortel? I know they usually start off right near invoice, but how low will they go? Also, I'm looking to buy over the summer when they'll hopefully drop prices to make way for the 05s. Any special deals I should be looking out for?

Any info or suggestions would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Last edited by JVEC; 04-07-2004 at 05:11 PM.

Anyone else?

Van Bortel is a great place to buy a Subaru. They don't haggle on the price of the car. Their price is $400 over their cost for the WRX and STi. Any options are priced 30% over cost.

They do have a small used car lot, sometimes there are some used WRX's. They list all the used cars on the web site. http://www.vanbortelsubaru.com/showcase.html

Another nice thing about Van Bortel is that they get multiple shipments per month. If you want specific options, you order the car the way you want it.

Yet another plus about them for local people. Their service department hours are 7 till midnight, and they are open on weekends. They have something like 12 service bays. They clued in to the fact that everyone needs service on their cars. If you make a small profit on the sale of the car, you will get more cars out there that will come back to you for maintenance and repair. It seems to be working very well for them.

Good luck on getting your car.

Great Place! I go to RIT so thats my dealer while Im here.
    If youre buying a car there, ask for Theresa All, she hooked me up with the financing and everything, I even got some options free....such as upgraded speakers and monochromatic mirror. I got my car 300 over invoice, an 04. The service dept is the best. I hear they were voted #1 subaru dealer int he us for the 2nd time in a row.

Brandon
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

Thanks for the replies. I'm moving to NNJ in a few weeks, so I'll be a ways from Van Bortel but I'm still willing to buy from them if the price is right.

I dealt with Shawn Pies at Van Bortel, it was a good experience. However, if I go back again to buy another Subaru, I will deal with Rick Cira. He is much more laid back and much easier to talk to than Shawn. Can't beat their prices, makes it easy to buy a car.

I am pretty young (was 17 at the time, now almost 19), but pay for the car on my own. My only gripe was that initially they refused to let me test drive a car, even though I was VERY serious about buying. (I mean hey, I'm driving it today...) They gave me some BS about how you had to be 25 to test drive or their insurance wouldn't cover you, etc. However, after I placed an order for a car they seemed to "forget" all about their insurance, and let me drive one. I guess I can't really blame them for not letting teenages test drive, but it did annoy me a bit. The only other problem I had was when I went there for the first time. I sat in the dealership waiting for over 30 minutes to talk to someone, while others walked in and were immediately helped. I assume that it was an age-related thing too.

Overall, it was a good experience, and I love the car and will have had it a year as of May 31st. I would definitely buy from them again.

One last thing, I ordered the car initially, waited 5 weeks or so for it to arrive, and went to go pick it up, only to find that none of the options I had requested were on the car. So, they had to order another one, took another 4-5 weeks The wait was worth it though.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Ryland, what price did you end up settling on? I know that Van Bortel is reluctant to haggle as much because their prices are so low right off the bat. Also, what options did you get?

Well, they messed up my purchase order, and then corrected it, and gave me the original messed up one. So, the options aren't listed, but I got the car for $22,707. The options were another $1500 or so for premium package, armrest, and security.

I was happy with the price, especially considering it was one of the first 04's.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes