Starting the search...

This is a discussion on Starting the search... within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Well, for the past few months I've been browsing the ClubWRX forums and I finally registered. I'm currently a senior ...

Starting the search...

Well, for the past few months I've been browsing the ClubWRX forums and I finally registered. I'm currently a senior in college and am looking to buy a WRX when I graduate - most likely a used 02-03 bugeye model.

I'll be relocating to Northern NJ for my job and am curious if anyone has purchased a used WRX in the area. In my hometown of Rochester, Van Bortel Subaru has an excellent reputation but I'm wary of buying a car that has seen a couple of hard winters in Upstate NY. I've encountered a few WRXs that have rusty brake calipers and would like to buy one with minimal corrosion.

Any tips, advice, etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

John

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Rusty brake calipers just means you're gonna have to upgrade to sti 4 pots or better...

As far as dealerships, I've had good luck with Liberty Subaru in oradell. I haven't heard the greatest hgins about their service dpt. but they're good with customer service on the sales end...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Hey
    Welcome to the club.

My words of advice: Lock up your car really well. Northern NJ has had about 65 stolen WRXs in the last year.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

tan
    Where in Northern Jersey are you going?

When I have time, I can scope out a dealership or two in the North Jersey area....since I work there also.

Yeah, I know the number of stolen WRXs in the area is ridiculous. I'm thinking about starting another thread though, because I'm curious about how many wagons have been stolen in the area. I did a search and only came up with one in NNJ. Just wondering if thieves are less likely to go for a wagon.

Thanks for the help tan, I'll be working in Secaucus and will probably be living out in central, western NJ. My girlfriend will be in Morristown or Scotch Plains most likely so we're looking for a place somewhere in between.

Now all I need is the money for the car...

tan
    Aer you sure you want a used one?

How can you be sure the previous owner didn't abuse it?

How can you be sure that there won't be headaches with the dealership over an abused used WRX?

I bought mine (new) from Morristown Subaru. They were pleasant enough but I can't say they did anything that blew me away.

I'd love to buy an 04, I'm just not sure if I can afford it right now.