Question on PA inspection of lights
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Question on PA inspection of lights within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I have CF sidemarkers.. would I have to take those off to get inspected and put back on the amber ...

gfx

Question on PA inspection of lights

I have CF sidemarkers.. would I have to take those off to get inspected and put back on the amber ones?

cleared my headlights of the amber turn signal cover. Problem? (that is a big problem if it is a problem)

Also, I disconnected my DRL.. should I reconnect them?

Thanks a lot.. .. inspections
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -
    Cobb stage 2.5 w/ VF30, Stoptech BBK, JDM STI front/rear seats, Mattjk LCD setup, JDM headlights w/ McColluch 6000k HIDs, GReddy EVO, 17x8" Gold Rota Torques, Eibach Pro-kit
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gfxwrx

My car shots taken with my Canon 300D dSLR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DRL is not mandated for all new vehicles. It is up to the discretion of the manufacturers. So no DRL is no problem.

clearing the amber cover....does it still blink orange? I think that's the only concern there.

CF sidemarkers....i think those are okay, but i don't know...b/c they don't blink in stock form, they're only marker lights. ummmm...where's our inspection techs??

-wYlie

gfx
    Nope they blink white. But I've seen a lot of cars with stock white blinkers so I don't know if they would care.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -
    Cobb stage 2.5 w/ VF30, Stoptech BBK, JDM STI front/rear seats, Mattjk LCD setup, JDM headlights w/ McColluch 6000k HIDs, GReddy EVO, 17x8" Gold Rota Torques, Eibach Pro-kit

In PA, the blinkers must be AMBER. In NJ, they can't be blue or red. Since the turn signal is visible from the side of the car, the side marker lamps are not at all necessary.

-Jim

gfx
    Well those amber covers are in the trash.. I don't know what I'm gonna do.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -

isn't there a bulb that looks silver/blue/clear that blinks yellah? PIAA ion crystals? or something? I can't remember.

gfx
    Possibly but who knows if thats even legal. I'm getting it inspected at Bill Gray Subaru down in Mt Lebanon (near pittsburgh). I bought the car from them and they are pretty nice guys so I'm pretty sure they won't care, but I was just checking.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -

tan
    Your front marker light technically have to be amber.

For bulbs like the SilverVision....nothing spray paint can't do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turn_signal.jpg  

tan
    Silver bulb in the housing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails headlight_after.jpg  

tan
    Taken in direct sunlight...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails golf2.jpg  

gfx
    I don't see why it's such an issue. If you have a light and it blinks, what is the difference?

I could get rid of my CF markers for the inspection but they are held in by double sided tape so I'm pretty sure I'd have to buy them again.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -

tan
    the difference is when it's not blinking.

YOu can try to get it inspected. If it passes...fine. If it doesn't...you know what you need to do

they gave my brother a hard time white his white turning singals on his BMW

i recommend you go to autozone and get a set of oranges just for the inspections and then swap them later

better safe than sorry

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

I don't see why it's such an issue. If you have a light and it blinks, what is the difference?
    flashing white could be mistaken for just a headlight flicker or something. flashing amber (front) or flashing red/amber (rear) is a signal. If you had flashing white in the rear you'd probably be given a citation....i guess it's a little less common, but probably applicable to the front too.

Just get new bulbs...I think your local shop has something that'll look clear but flash amber...if not the main bulb aisle, probably in the "mod" section.

gfx
    http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/06...5/s175.66.html

Those are the requirements in PA for lighting and electrical systems in passenger cars. I see nothing on amber/white/blue/green/rainbow, so I guess I'm home free.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.