Jim and I to participate in "March Lamb" TSD Rally in MD/DE/PA March 27th
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jim and I to participate in "March Lamb" TSD Rally in MD/DE/PA March 27th within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; http://www.phillyscca.com/program_sc...rally_schedule Following what we felt were questionable scores for each checkpoint for the last rally, we have decided to put ...

Jim and I to participate in "March Lamb" TSD Rally in MD/DE/PA March 27th

http://www.phillyscca.com/program_sc...rally_schedule

Following what we felt were questionable scores for each checkpoint for the last rally, we have decided to put that event behind us and get ready for another exciting event in the tri-state series. The last event was run in my TXS Stage 2 WRX with 100W Hella 4000 motorsport lamps, and the biggest challenge was turning them off in time as to not blind oncoming traffic. This time around we will run in either Jim's bad ass VF30'd WRX with a lightened flywheel, or the "Rally Neon". A SOHC/single side view mirrored/no tachometer to be seen beast of epic proportions that requires e-brake turns for anything sharper than a "easy" corner . This will provide me an oppurtunity to test my own navigational skills. Hope to see some of you folks there and we are keeping our fingers crossed that the Rally Masters don't bork the results this time around.

Forever Sideways.

Chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good god, and good luck.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

ummm...yeah....what Josh said...

Good luck guys!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Thanks. Either way: Neon or WRX, going 35mph is going to hard. We'll be using the WRX, BTW. I'm picking up supplmental lighting today.

-Jim

Sweet Jim. Your WRX drives great. Thanks for letting me take it for a "brisk" country nighttime drive. While I didn't like the lag associated with the VF30, the combination of the lightened flywheel and 2004 5-speed transmission made it smooth as butter to rev-match. And I still can't understand the bolstering in your seats being 100x better than mine with 8000 less miles. I guess its all those Extra Large Pizzas and quick Thai lunches that account for that .

Jim, gimme a call either tonight or tommorow to set our plans strait.

Everyone else, hope to see more Scoobies there. Plus more pictures this time, I promise.

- e-brake Master Chris
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by fengshui
    Sweet Jim. Your WRX drives great. Thanks for letting me take it for a "brisk" country nighttime drive. While I didn't like the lag associated with the VF30, the combination of the lightened flywheel and 2004 5-speed transmission made it smooth as butter to rev-match. And I still can't understand the bolstering in your seats being 100x better than mine with 8000 less miles. I guess its all those Extra Large Pizzas and quick Thai lunches that account for that

- e-brake Master Chris
    The original WRX (mine) had VERY aggressive seat bolstering which was phased out later due to complaints from the dealerships. In fact, my passenger's seat is less aggressively bolstered than my driver's seat. You have yet to drive the car at rally weight. I had all my tools and my entire showroom in the car when you drove it. The lag is much less noticeable when the car isn't weighed down so much.

-Jim

I vow that my next car will have hip hugging racing buckets (well if all things work out well enough for me to afford it ).

Jim, I have some of that wire protector plastic coiled stuff left over if you want to use it for wrapping up the harness to install your lights. Let me know and I'll bring it along.

Chris

yea i'll be there, so will my friend steve, but he sold out and is driivng with his pops navigatoing and im going to be bringing my own navigator. Im excited for the fun can't wait to be there. See you guys on race day!
    04' WRX Platinum Silver Metallic
    Xm Radio
    HKS SSQ BOV
    6 Months 13k later, still the same smile but a few more dents

Good luck guys, and lets see some IN CAR pictures!!! None of this "here's my car parked before the rally"
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    Good luck guys, and lets see some IN CAR pictures!!! None of this "here's my car parked before the rally"
    How about a "here's Jim's car parked upside-down against a tree"?

J/K Jim, We won't have so much fun into any trees!

"Six left over crest, four right into house"

Chris
    Last edited by fengshui; 03-24-2004 at 04:28 PM.

Originally posted by fengshui
    Jim, I have some of that wire protector plastic coiled stuff left over if you want to use it for wrapping up the harness to install your lights. Let me know and I'll bring it along.

Chris
    I think we'll be doing the install on Friday. Are you taking off from work or just leaving early?

-Jim

I have off on Friday. I can get down there around 2pm.

chris

Friday before the event bump. Don't miss this event!!

chris

Well...how the f did you guys do???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast