hmmmmm Donuts....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on hmmmmm Donuts.... within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I love it when the contractor doesn't plow the lots..... perfect time for some donuts and e-brake slides...

tan

hmmmmm Donuts....

I love it when the contractor doesn't plow the lots.....

perfect time for some donuts and e-brake slides

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    jeez ....an i thought u was on about Funkin Nonuts !!!!
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Originally posted by Weasel 555
    jeez ....an i thought u was on about Funkin Nonuts !!!!
    lost me there, weez.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

tan
    Got about 6" of fresh powder this morning...who can't resist? My coworkers were doing it also in their trucks

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Careful you don't curb your car
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I love empty parking lots and a good six inches of snow...

I love doing em' too

A little OT, but what is wrong if my E-brake is making a horrible squeaking noise when engaging it to drift or power slide. I haven't really done this a lot or anything but I was told I pull it up a little too hard enaging it when I park the car. Could this have anything to do with it? What can I do to fix it? It is a new car but I just can't just roll up and ask the dealership about this, because they'll without a doubt ask me why I was engaging it while the car is moving . And any plain idiot should know why I was so I don't think I could get this by them under warranty . Just wanna get rid of the obnoxious squeal. Thanks

--Jay--

I dunno I noticed the same squeal in my ebrake to...

Originally posted by subybill
    I dunno I noticed the same squeal in my ebrake to...
    The same loud, metallic squeak sound? I notice that it doesn't break loose when this squeak happens also. I just know I was out with multiple people, various makes and some of them even complaining of a worn out or un-adjusted E-brake, and mine was the only one squeaking and not grabbing all of the time. I really wanna fix it and if it just need adjusting, that is not a problem. I just never heard one squeak like this before.

--Jay--

mine grabs it when the ebrake is high and that is when i hear the squeak. I know that the only recall is our cruise control nothing on brakes or ebrakes but i will ask around...

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey, you guys with the WRX's, please stop pulling your ebrake when the cars moving!! That's a great way to fry out your center/ rear diff. You're hitting the gas in snow and the front wheels are slipping so what are the diffs trying to do?? Putt power to the back wheels.... but the back wheels are locked and won't move because you have your ebrake down!! That squealing sound you're hearing may very well be your center diff, not your ebrake!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Would it do it if you were not giving it any gas such as in a power slide? I mean, I've noticed it whether or not I've been on the gas. Does our cars distribute power if you are not giving it any, such as while it is just rolling after you just accelarated? I'm not gonna do it anymore till I learn more about this drivetrain but it seems that if you are not giving it power (gas) and the tranny is in neutral, what would there be to distribute? Thanks for the input, just trying to understand

*EDIT*
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to do donuts with the assistance of the E-brake, that just don't make sense. I'm just sliding the car out in EMPTY parking lots and only have done it while off the gas. I'm not trying to loose a differential, I had a 4x4 truck before this car and I know how easy they are to smoke (power-braking 35" tires on dry pavement very bad, never lost the rear though. Many of my friends have, though).
    --Jay--
    Last edited by 04silver bullet; 03-22-2004 at 05:46 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Jay, i'm actually not sure if this applies to being in neutral. If you're in neutral and the wheels are still moving I think the diffs are still working (because they're mechanical and are independent of the throttle or anything else), but I'm not sure. I'm sure we could start a whole new thread about that tho.... It's a very interestng question that i know someone here can answer.

EDIT: Just saw your edit. OK! I initially thought you were yanking the ebrake while on throttle! I almost cried a small tear! Thanks for clarifying... I still wonder if that does anything off throttle tho?
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

sounds good to me, could save someone their drivetrain (mine too )
    --Jay--

I was off the throttle to because I didn't think that would ruin the differential, I thought that only happened on the throttle and pulling it like you said...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.