south east PA

This is a discussion on south east PA within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I found out about a job opportunity for the summer in southeast Pennsylvania, in Chester. Anyone know how the community ...

south east PA

I found out about a job opportunity for the summer in southeast Pennsylvania, in Chester. Anyone know how the community is there? Is there enough to do? I see that Philly is pretty close. If I accept the job, I'll be living in Chester for three months over the summer. Let me know. Thanks.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Chester the city or Chester County or West Chester?

Chester the city has a very high poverty rate and lots of low income housing (ie Projects)within the inner city. Im not sure about the outer areas.

Chester County is one of the richest counties in Pennsylvania, 2nd or 3rd richest I think..? Historic, very beautiful especially in the summer and fall. If I had my way I would live here forever.

West Chester is where I went to school. Very historic as well, home of QVC studios and Bam Margera. A very nice little town.

what he said...let us know if you need a place to stay or hang out or show you around if you come out. AND there's plenty of suby's here to hang out with when if you do get here.

-wYlie
    Last edited by Roamin'Coyote; 03-18-2004 at 03:58 PM.

Yep, Chester is largely an economically depressed area just south of Philly. But there are lots of nearby options for a higher standard of living. (Across the bridge in NJ, many parts of Philly, suburban places in PA like Media, even Wilmington, DE...)

Lots of Subarus in the Philly region too.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Thanks for the responses guys. I declined the job offer though, since I can earn more money living at home and staying here for the summer. Plus, I'll probably be getting a new WRX or Legacy GT, and I would not want it damaged, since my place of work would be in Chester the city, specifically in the innercity. Who knows what next summer will bring, though.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Good decision.
    still stock