Tuner Shops In NJ
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tuner Shops In NJ within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Anyone use any of the following or could recommend any not listed: (please comment) Rallispec http://www.rallispec.com/ Turbotrix http://www.turbotrix.com/ Precision Tuning ...

Post Tuner Shops In NJ

Anyone use any of the following or could recommend any not listed: (please comment)

Rallispec
    http://www.rallispec.com/

Turbotrix
    http://www.turbotrix.com/

Precision Tuning
    http://www.precisiontuning.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

<--- Precision
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I have heard good reviews for precision and turbotrix...

think im taking a ride to precision some day

I dont have anything bad to say about the other two - but I cant possibly say enough good things about Precision Tuning.

Example:

My VF23 blew an oil seal. So I ordered a 34 and made an appointment to go to Precision for the swap. Bob was sick and Rich basically didnt have anything scheduled for the morning but my car. But after getting there and thinking about it and talking to Rich for a while I decided I would be better off with something bigger than the 34.
    Not only wasn't he upset, he actually sat around and helped me research a new turbo. (I chose the Forced Performance 18g).

Im not saying you should feel free to just change your mind about a service when you show up at their door. But really, how many people do you know who would deal with that and not have my head in a vice? Precision is number one in my book.

Joe
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

NJsubietech when you blew your oil seal did you have a big cloud of smoke everytime you hit the throttle because that is what is happening to me and i don't know whether it is that or if it is a piston or gasket head...

Precision Tuning Rocks!!! They did a great job wrenching on my car.

I get everything done at Turbotrix
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Precision Tuning

It's the only way to go

I Support ClubWRX
    I get my installs done at Precison Tuning and have nothing but great things to say about them. Bob and Rich are awesome.... I can't say enough about how accomodating these guys are. When my car was acting up, they seemed more pissed than I was!! They are the only ones that touch my car other than me, and that's probably the highest compliment I can pay them! (Except for Joe... he makes me come over and get crank pulley's installed after long long days )

As NJSubieTech said, these guys are more than happy to help you out, not only installing stuff, but getting stuff and helping you pick what's right for you (even when you might think that an 1820 is too big for you )

As for the other two, turbotrix is where I get my car tuned. Junior is the man up there. He's a freaking magician with the UTEC and gets some great numbers and curves out of these cars. He loves tuning WRX's and has done tons of them so he's got the experience!

I've never dealt with Rallispec so I have no comment...
    Last edited by MidKnight; 03-16-2004 at 09:02 PM.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Midknight do you still get your car tuned at turbotrix? I'm trying to find a good tuner for the utec, and although I'm in NY, I think the only tuners that I've heard anything about for the wrx are in Ct. or NJ.

Precision Tuning

Always satisfied with their work.
    By the way Bob has moved to Florida so its just Rich and his team.

well worth the drive! then again were drivers we look forward to a long drive.
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

Do they also have a dyno or do they just do installs?

precision doesnt have a dyno
    -Jeff
    "A Work In Progress": http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=625702

Ok that's what I thought.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.