Mod friendly dealer in the DE/ S. Eastern PA area

This is a discussion on Mod friendly dealer in the DE/ S. Eastern PA area within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I need to get my car looked at and I don't feel like taking everything off of my car. I'm ...

Mod friendly dealer in the DE/ S. Eastern PA area

I need to get my car looked at and I don't feel like taking everything off of my car. I'm looking for a dealer in the area that is somewhat mod friendly that will do warranty work on my car.

I know Wylie or Neverendingmods gotta know someone, I mean there has to be someone in the area that will do it. I prefer De or some wheres really close to DE (like RT202, Philly or W. Chester areas) Thanks

--Jay--

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Jay,

I know that Roberts isn't mod friendly....I've heard Rafferty is hit or miss. What do you need looked at? Definitely a dealer thing or no?

-wYlie

Originally posted by Roamin'Coyote

I know that Roberts isn't mod friendly
    Good thing i circle around roberts automall at least 3 times a day with my loud a$$ catless setup

jay, send me an im, one of the service managers in an area subby dealer use to be a service writer for me for a couple of years, we have a pretty good relationship.

andy
    04 STi blue, 13.001 105mph 1.73 60ft all stock
    11.8 best et, 118.0 best mph

there is a subie machanic in west chester call Gotiers. its on market st/rt 3. he specializes in subarus but i dont know if he can do what you need done but i figured i would let you konw.

What kinda work do you need done? I quit taking my car to dealers a long time ago.
    still stock

i dont let any dealers touch my car either, even though my car is still under warr.,so the dealer just gives me whatever part broke and i replace it my self
    04 STi blue, 13.001 105mph 1.73 60ft all stock
    11.8 best et, 118.0 best mph

Sorry for the delay fellas

My car is an Auto and I was running it pretty, damn hard last weekend. Well it started after awhile not shifting very good and semmed like it was puttering at WOT. I tried to race my boy in his M3 from a light( I usually can hang with him side by side no problem) but this time my baby didn't wanna go. She just dragged. I learned from the guys in the Tranny forum that I most likely just heated the hell out of my tranny and torque converter and it just needed some serious time to cool down. I've been paying more attention to the way it's been working, it seems alright now, but I'm keeping an eye on it. I got to get my tranny cooler on there though, it's not doing any good just sitting in my room.

I still wouldn't mind knowing someone who will do warranty work on a modded Rex with out asking to many Q's. I mean since I only have like 12.5k miles on the car. A lot can go wrong in 23-24k miles . Thanks guys

--Jay--

hmmm....that's kinda sketchy to get them to look at a tranny problem if you have power mods. hmmmmm....hopefully it was just heated up and that was the problem. Other than that, I have no knowledge on the workings of the 4EAT.

I got to get my tranny cooler on there though, it's not doing any good just sitting in my room.
    It's adding to the bling factor of your room. STyle points, dude!!

-wYlie

Originally posted by Roamin'Coyote
    It's adding to the bling factor of your room. STyle points, dude!!

-wYlie
    Yeah, I got a bunch of stuff like that in my room right now. I got a set of 17" Royal Gunmetallic Subzeros wrapped in Potenza S03s sittin in my living room right now. I was thinking of getting a piece glass from Lowes and making a coffe table out em' but they're only gonna be sitting for another two weeks or so , as long as the weather definitely breaks. I think I'm gonna clean my stockers up REAL nice and do it with them though. It's like storage w/ a purpose ( ineed a better table to hold my beer). I also got an HKS DP sittin in a corner, a case of Redline Synthetic ATF, intercooler hoses, catch can and a Blitz SUS just addin' to the room. I have my Perrin radiator shroud hanging on my wall . I was gonna start the install this weekend but I'm still waiting for my UP to come in . I thought I would have to wait longer for the gaskets but I was wrong. Still can't wait for my Accessport to get here either !!

Later fellas

By the way, when's the next meet? I got get to know some Rex owners. I haven't really had a chance to catch up with anyone in a rex yet that wanted to talk, always just some arrogant jerk or a older guy that got the car because they wanted AWD w/o having to drive an Outback. Everyone that I see that seems cool is going the other way waving. I need to catch up with some friendly Modded Rex drivers

--Jay--

Roberts isnt mod friendly at all. When I went in there to get my radiator replaced under warranty they asked me all kinds of Q's and gave me a hard time. The Service Manager for Subaru may have been replaced. The old guy was a total D1CKHEAD. I have an auto and also have a tranny cooler laying around not installed. When you get yours installed let me know where so I can get mine done too. Never had the problem you are talking about. Were you doing a lot of brake torque launches in a row??

Originally posted by WRX_02_227
    Roberts isnt mod friendly at all. When I went in there to get my radiator replaced under warranty they asked me all kinds of Q's and gave me a hard time. The Service Manager for Subaru may have been replaced.
    The guys where I bought my car (Castle Subaru in New Castle, DE)were nice guys but they were pretty much by the book. I mean I tore the hose that goes from the T connector to the wastegate when putting on my MBC. I just went back to stock boost control and sold my MBC to my brother-inlaw because my Cobb AP should be here soon. The stock hose was now too short and I wanted to keep factory spec. hoses on the car so no questions would be asked. They said that I would have to order the whole hose assembly for $25 and they wanted my VIN # and reason why I was replacing it. He ended up giving me a piece of different vaccum line for free but told me I would have to check with the service manager if that stupid piece of hose would void my warranty. I grabbed the hose said F--k it and left. I was gonna go to Pepboys for the hose but the hose Subaru uses is like a ribbed gray hose. I got reg. black hose and I don't care anymore

I have an auto and also have a tranny cooler laying around not installed. When you get yours installed let me know where so I can get mine done too.
    I'm planning on doing the tranny cooler myself, I just have been lazy and using the cold weather as an excuse not to do it. I did get my intercooler hoses, catch can, intake and radiator shroud installed this weekend though. The Blitz SUS threw a CEL again, so it back off for now till I get my Accessport.

Never had the problem you are talking about. Were you doing a lot of brake torque launches in a row??
    I actually brake torque it once that day, when racing my friend in his M3. It took off like crap, not wanting to go anywhere. I usually hang with him. But that was after a lot of WOT driving, and a lot of stop and punch driving, and I mean alot. About 30-40 miles worth It's seems like it been acting alright for now, but I have been keeping an eye on it. It funny how much stuff you notice and get jumpy about when you actually paying attention to it. A lot of minor, normal things been making me a little nervous. Everyone keeps telling me to chill and relax, the car is fine. Later

--Jay--