New 2004 WRX Wagon 2/19/04
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 2004 WRX Wagon 2/19/04 within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I am picking up my new WRX Wagon on 2/19/04. I am looking to do some mods. Can any one ...

LI, NY - New 2004 WRX Wagon 2/19/04

I am picking up my new WRX Wagon on 2/19/04. I am looking to do some mods. Can any one tell which product is best for doing mods on a WRX '04? Any suggestions on where I can take it to have these mods done? I live in Suffolk County, Long Island.

Thanks!
    Last edited by laxs31; 02-16-2004 at 08:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on getting a wagon - you'll love it. As for mods...I strongly suggest you start searching and reading - there's lots you can do. I live in Suffolk too - what dealer are you going thru?

TGYBE,

Thanks for the reply. That's the problem, I have read so much that now I have too much information. What brand would you recommend? I heard Thomas Dodge Subaru does Prodrive performance packages. What do you think of Prodrive?

I bought my WRX from Browns.

Do you know of any another shops that would do mods in Suffolk County?

Thanks for your help!

laxs31

Hey man, talk to Metric Subaru in Huntington. I know of NO other place that will tolerate mods, and Thomas Dodge will DEFINATELY void your warranty if you do things to your car. Go to metric and get the TXS system put in (stage 2 with up and down pipe/turbo back exhaust). You will be very happy with the added kick of the TXS down pipe, and metric guarantees the work their shop does. For what it's worth, prodrive is a good package with a great ECU system, but SOOOO overpriced it's absurd, and generally regarded as moderate in power gains.

~Tim

Timdog1650,

I am taking your advice and going to have the TurboXS stage 2 w/up pipe installed at PrecisionTuning in Jersey. My concern now is passing emissions next year. Do you recommend any one who would be able to pass emissions with this mod? I guess a last resort is keeping the stock exhaust and having it reinstalled when inspection comes up. Let me know what you think?

Thanks again for all your help,
    Laxs31

Well, to be honest with you, this is a question everyone worries about. If you warm your car up for about a half an hour before going into an emissions test, you should be able to pass, but you will fail a visual inspection, since there are no cats visible. Many people just save the stock parts and reinstall them....it's one of the main problems that plagues performance cars.

~Tim

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.