The Official March 12-14th "National" meet thread.
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official March 12-14th "National" meet thread. within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; National WRX Meet: Stony Brook/Setauket, NY March 12-14th Attention New Jersey Caravan Get your sh*t together! Contact each other, exchange ...

The Official March 12-14th "National" meet thread.

National WRX Meet: Stony Brook/Setauket, NY
    March 12-14th

Attention New Jersey Caravan
    Get your sh*t together! Contact each other, exchange cell phone numbers, and make it happen. Pick a place to meet, and get it done. Reply to this thread and make people aware of the details of the caravan.

Time
    11:00am Sharp On Saturday March 13th

Directions

For those people who are using MAPQUEST: Here is the location of the BORDERS books and music store right next to the Abandonded K-Mart Shopping center we are meeting in.

Wanna get directions yourself?
    CLICK ME!

OR

Find out what bridge you are coming over on, then follow the appropriate directions below:

Coming from the Verazanno Narrows Bridge -
    -Take the Verazanno Narrows Bridge from Staten Island to Long Island.
    -Continue on the Belt Parkway EAST.
    -Continue on the Belt Parkway EAST until it turns into the Southern State Parkway EAST - (Southern State Parkway branches off at Exit 23 to either Sunrise Highway or Southern State. STAY TO THE LEFT to continue on Southern State).
    -Continue on Southern State Parkway until Approximately exit 41. You will be branching off to take the Sunken Meadow Parkway NORTH.
    -Follow this north until the exit for the Northern State Parkway EAST. (Exit SM1E) You're almost there...
    -Continue on the Northern State Parkway for only a couple miles. It ends and dumps you on to Route 347 EAST. This is the road the meeting place is on.
    -Follow Rte 347 EAST for a long time, through many many traffic lights. The only opportunity for mistake here is that Rte 347 will branch off to Rte 454. STAY TO THE LEFT on Rte 347!!!
    -Rte 347, as you will notice, has traffic lights. Keep going straight through all traiffic lights until you get to a huge intersection. Borders Books and Music is on your left. A restaruant John Harvards in on your right. TURN LEFT AT THIS LIGHT, and welcome to an Abandoned K-Mart.

Coming from the Whitestone or Throgs Neck Bridge
    -Take these bridges across to Long Island and get onto the Cross Island parkway EAST. (On the Throgs Neck, you stay in the right lane on the bridge. On the Whitestone, I'm not sure, follow signs)
    -Follow the Cross Island parkway until you come to Exit 29E - Happauge, Northern State Parkway.
    -Take the 29 Exit and keep LEFT, and continue to stay to the left and merge onto the Northern State Parkway.
    -Stay on the Northern State Parkway EAST until it ends and dumps you directly onto Rte. 347 EAST. Rte. 347 is the road the meeting place is on.
    -Follow Rte 347 EAST for a long time, through many many traffic lights. The only opportunity for mistake here is that Rte 347 will branch off to Rte 454. STAY TO THE LEFT on Rte 347!!!
    -Rte 347, as you will notice, has traffic lights. Keep going straight through all traiffic lights until you get to a huge intersection. Borders Books and Music is on your left. A restaruant John Harvards in on your right. TURN LEFT AT THIS LIGHT, and welcome to an Abandoned K-Mart.

Coming from the George Washington Bridge
    -Take the George Washington Bridge EAST to New York.
    -This will dump you onto the Cross Bronx Expressway, enjoy the ride Follow it EAST.
    Stay on the Cross Bronx Expressway, and follow signs to the Throgs Neck Bridge.
    -Follow directions from the Throgs Neck posted above.

Coming on Long Island
    This abandonded K-Mart is at the intersection with Borders Books and Music, Sports Plus, and the Smithhaven Mall. Very hard to miss.

Questions? Direction?
    Contact 516-607-3265 and I will get you here.

Friday, March 12th

4:34 pm - Pick up BoostedBoxer at JFK International Airport. Get baggage, **** around.
    6pm - Get back to house in Stony Brook.
    7pm – Have other people show up that are sleeping over.
    9pm – Go out to dinner. Applebees, Friendly’s, something of that sort.
    11pm – Go for a cruise/clown around with our cars.
    12pm-1am – Go back home, hang out/sleep.

Saturday, March 13th

10am – Wake up, breakfast at deli.
    11am – Have other people arrive from around the area. NJ/PA/NYC, etc.
    12pm-4pm – Hang out K-Mark parking lot
    12pm-4pm – people show up. More meet/greet/pics
    6pm – Dinner – TGIFridays, Ruby Tuesday’s, etc. People leave if necessary. OR:
    ***Potential BBQ at Timdog’s or my place.***
    8pm – Evening drive on scheduled roads/unscheduled roads.
    11pm – Inferno Strip Club
    2am – Sleep.

Sunday, March 14th

11am – Wake up, mess around
    11am – Other people leave
    12pm – Other people welcome to caravan into NYC with me. Do something in NYC potentially, or something different altogether.
    Rest of the day – Open to whatever anyone who is left wants to do.
    3pm - Drive BoostedBoxer back to the JFK Airport.

Confirmed Attendance List:

BoostedBoxer
    RlSchmidt
    CustomChevs10
    KnightWRXRider
    BaskOner
    PlatinumWRX
    NJSubieTech
    Wallie
    Gills
    Midknight
    Trainrex
    PistolPreeth
    AussieInstlouis
    Cheveyboy
    Lightning
    ryland
    hellafastWRX
    Weasel 555
    NJwrbT-WRX
    shiju
    Subie2.5RS2003
    WRXout2
    JRod
    Infinite Performance
    TunerNetwork
    sotbas
    dnice
    MauroMotorsports

Alternate Meeting Place

If we get kicked out of the Border's parking lot, here's the alternate meeting place. It's the Stony Brook University P-lot, a large parking area:

Take a left onto route 347 (east) out of the Border's parking lot.

Continue down 347 until Stony Brook Road

Make a left onto Stony Brook road and follow it for ~1.5 miles, going through 1 traffic light.

At the second traffic light you encounter, turn right onto South Drive.

Continue through one stoplight on south drive, the P-Lot will be directly on your right hand side. (look for the rexies )

Please post any additional questions or suggestions that pertain to the meet. Check back frequently to this post for changes and new info.CLICK ME!

Points of Contact:

Josh Stephens (Trailboss): 516-607-3265
    Tim Mossholder (Timdog1650): 410-507-9857
    Last edited by Trailboss; 03-11-2004 at 07:06 PM.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If it helps at all, my plane doesnt leave until 6 from JFK. SO depending on how far the drive from stoney brook to JFK is, we will probably have to leave your house around 3:30-4.

Btw- what happened to inferno?
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Put me on that list, hoe, you know I belong!

By the way, does a 6 hour drive count as "far enough" to qualify for "guaranteed housing"?
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Also, if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me too, since i live about 3 minutes from Josh and will be hosting people at my house as well.

~Tim

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    oi ! put me down for attending
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Originally posted by Cheveyboy
    now that the date is getting closer, im going to have to ask were is this all happening?
    Did you read the first post??
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

I may be blind but i dont see any directions on were these things will take place. Dont mean to be a putz, but somtimes i cant help it

Will

You're right.

Timdog and I haven't planned an exact location on Saturday morning/afternoon where everyone will be meeting up.

We plan on doing a public parking lot. Something like....

One of the parking lots in the Smithhaven Mall
    The empty parking lot where the out-of-business K-mart is on Rte. 347 next to Borders
    The parking lot where the Barnacle is down in Port Jefferson right by the water

We aren't sure yet, we're trying to think of a place EASY to get to, so it will probably end up somewhere directly on Rte 347.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Subscribed.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    Subscribed.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    I can't decide if I wanna put all those miles on my car
    Well, if you can't decide, I'll decide for you.....and the answer is "yes you do"

WooHoo a location that i know ! Cant wait man, just got my rims and tires, im good to go.

Put me on the list. I will be there on Saturday morning. Who wants to caravan out there with me from cental NJ? Steve you down (you just can't own me every two seconds on the way ).

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    Put me on the list. I will be there on Saturday morning. Who wants to caravan out there with me from cental NJ? Steve you down (you just can't own me every two seconds on the way ).

-joe
    Joe, I will go and I promise not to own you too much I'll let you hold the video camera in case we run into any bogeys on the way
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    I can't decide if I wanna put all those miles on my car
    Ryan, you have to come dude. I made a special trip to pick up the stickiest of the icky, and I'm saving it for this meet!
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast