Mid-Atlantic Mountain Bikers - Introductions, Meets, Etc.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Mid-Atlantic Mountain Bikers - Introductions, Meets, Etc. within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Any mountain bikers in here? I saw a post in the Mountain States forum about trying to plan a ride ...

str

Mountain Bikers

Any mountain bikers in here? I saw a post in the Mountain States forum about trying to plan a ride in the Summer. I'm an avid mountain biker and there are some awesome trails here in Delaware and in Maryland. if there are any bikers in PA/DE/VA/NY maybe we could plan a meet and ride in the Summer. I'm close to one of the best places on the east coast to ride, Fair Hill Maryland. I'd be happy to show everyone the trails.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude I just moved from Richmond, VA. I did alot of DH riding at Wintergreen. Are you anywhere near the Fredneck Watershed/Gambrill?

Head over to www.ridemonkey.com and hit up the Virginia forum. You'll find a ton of mountain bikers in the area.

str
    I've posted on Ridemonkey quite a bit but have not been there latley. I'm not sure where Fredneck/Gambrill is? Is that in Maryland? How far from Delaware are you? I live in Newark which is about 5-10minutes from Fair Hill which has a ton of amazing single track.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Fredrick is in Maryland, NorthWest of DC, starting to get up in the mountains. Gnarly terrain up there.

How far from Deleware am I? About 1200 miles. I just moved back to Illinois about 3 weeks ago. I lived in Richmond.

What's your SN on Ridemonkey?

Thats a sweet idea, too bad i'm in ohio

There are a few good trails here, can't wait for spring.

steve.......GT xr5000
    2002 SRP WRX Sold .......i need another wrx
    13.3 @99mph with a mbc

03 Honda Element
    1992 Civic hb W/B20 SOLD

WHOA MOUNTAIN BIKING
    thats been my favorite sport for the last 10yrs of my life
    maryland has some good trails ........ i mainly ride in the AVALON area of the patapsco park

i'm down for a meet / mtn bike ride... (when it warms up some)

Patapsco is definitely teh win. I've hit up the 7-11 outside of BWI quite a few times covered in mud from head to toe from that place.

::edit:: added pic of patapsco carnage

Last edited by ma1ade; 02-05-2004 at 09:14 PM.

str
    I've riden at Lock Raven which was nice but would love to ride at Avalon/Patapsco. I'm only about 1 1/2 hours away. I ride about 3-4 days a week in the Summer so just name a weekend. If you want to come up to Fair Hill let me know, it is definetly worth a trip. Mega singletrack! Nice battle scar. I've had plent of those including a fractured scapula.

Illinois is a little far from DE, about 16 hours.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I'm down for some action.

Maybe we could form a team to ride the 24 hours of Snowshoe? Now's the time to register...

www.grannygear.com

<=== Rockin' da custom built Santa Cruz Superlight.

Oh yeah, and here's some of my carnage from a past Snowshoe. The scar is finally down to about 4"...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mattcut.jpg  
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

If Subaru's down with Gary Fisher, then I can stick this thread.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.