New harness bar testing..

This is a discussion on New harness bar testing.. within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This was posted in the cockpit forum but I thought I'd also post it here since it deals with your ...

New harness bar testing..

This was posted in the cockpit forum but I thought I'd also post it here since it deals with your area..
    In my quest to find a harness bar for my car for autocrossing this coming year I came across the company Stable Energies. My coworker has one of the ars installed in his 944 so I contacted them to see if they made on for the WRX. Currently they do not have one available but are interested in designing one for the WRX. They are located in Garfield, New Jersey and need a car to measure and test fit for a new design. If anyone is interested their website is http://www.stable-energies.com/. Send them an email if you're interested. All of their other bars sell for around $100 so it would be a nice alternative to the pricey speedware bar. Let us know if you have any luck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Before you committ yourself to purchasing one of those, my friend Chris (DJP) is designing one. I'll refer him to this thread for more info.
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's Speedware Motorsports harness bar. They are quite a bit mor expensive, but appear more secure. Site is being revised, but I think they were almost $400
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails substi03.jpg  

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

They required in autox? Howabout road tracks?

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    They required in autox? Howabout road tracks?
    Nope, not required for auto-x. Surprisingly though, they are allowed in Stock class as a safety enhancement. Stiffens the car a bit, according to stuff I read. Probably would be real god for track days, but not enough to it to pass as a roll bar/cage for tracks requiring that level of protection.

That's not mine, by the way. Just something I'd like to get. Our seats (well, mine, anyway) are just barely high enough, and the rear anchors are low enough, that my harness pulls down instead of back. Not good in a serious accident. I got the harness to hold me in place for autocross, so Im not concerned about spine compression in an accident. These harness bars would help keep the pull rearward. Plus they look so damn cool!

By the way, Brett in Akron carries the harnesses that are made to wrap around a harness bar instead of mount to the seat belt anchors like mine. Try www.soloracer.com

Not *ever* recommended on the road with passengers in the back! Imaging the face trauma from a sudden stop, let alone a collision!

The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

How hard is that to remove?

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    How hard is that to remove?
    Don't remember what is involved. NASIOC had quite a thread on it sometime ago. Do a search in the motorsports forum for "harness bar" and see what comes up. Seems like it was 1/2 hr or something.

The Morris Garage
    Bugeye Mafia #338

I think I'm going to run the Schroth rallye 3 harnesses in autocross this year. They mount to the shouler harness location in the rear seat so won't be pulling down if a collision would occur. I won't be running them on the track, since I don't have any rollover protection. I'm really just getting them so I'm held into my seats better for cornering.