PA: Pittsburgh area Subaru body shops

This is a discussion on PA: Pittsburgh area Subaru body shops within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So I had a rude awakening this morning of my car alarm going off, only to find out that a ...

PA: Pittsburgh area Subaru body shops

So I had a rude awakening this morning of my car alarm going off, only to find out that a Ford F-150 truck lost control on the road outside my place and and ran off-road (through a wooden fence), into my parking lot, and thus rear-ended my parked/unoccupied '04 WRX sedan.

Anyway, since the other driver was clearly at 100% fault, his insurance company is sending a claims adjuster out to take a look at the damage and then I'll be taking it in to a Subaru body shop to have the car checked out. Cosmetically, the impact was on the rear-right corner of my car and is a good-sized dent. However, my car didn't roll forward when it was hit (due to the e-brake) so the internals absorbed a lot of the impact's stress and hence I am concerned about any mechanical damage to the anything like the suspension, etc.

My question has to do with the nearby Subaru body shops; there's one at Bill Gray Subaru (Pittsburgh), Bowser Subaru (Pleasant Hills), Suburban Subaru (Pittsburgh), & Hamilton Subaru (Irwin). I live in Shadyside, so Bill Gray is the closest, but was hoping that some of you Subaru drivers in the Pittsburgh area could give me some recommendations or comments about any of these body shops (the last thing I want is to have a shop that barely examines what could be mechanically wrong with my car and overlooks something that needs to be fixed/replaced). My car was bought out-of-state and I had a good Subaru body shop in that area, but am uninformed about these local Subaru body shops in Pittsburgh. I spoke with a guy earlier today at the Bill Gray Subaru body shop and he seemed a bit too indifferent towards the repair of my vehicle. Anyway, any recommendations/comments/warnings would be appreciated (I figure I have a couple days before I actually take in the car since I have to wait to receive the appraisal from the claims adjuster).
    "And don't worry about your little recon mission. I'll keep it on the low down."
    "Down low."
    "No doubt."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no comments on the local body shops? oh well, unless I hear something, seems like I am currently planning on taking it to the collision center at Bill Gray Subaru
    "And don't worry about your little recon mission. I'll keep it on the low down."
    "Down low."
    "No doubt."

gfx
    I couldn't help you.. when I hit a deer I took the WRX to Opeka Body Shop in Washinginton (down by the bruesters on the road off of rt 19).. but I don't think I really liked them.

On the plus side, the car was fixed fine and they painted the sideskirts for $70.

On the bad side, I think they just rebent the hood instead of replacing it like they said
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -
    Cobb stage 2.5 w/ VF30, Stoptech BBK, JDM STI front/rear seats, Mattjk LCD setup, JDM headlights w/ McColluch 6000k HIDs, GReddy EVO, 17x8" Gold Rota Torques, Eibach Pro-kit
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gfxwrx

My car shots taken with my Canon 300D dSLR

You can't tell if its bent back? I new people that had work done by Opeka, but I can't remember if there is any bad comments about them. I do know of a great body shop in Carnegie, called Jays Auto Body. He does amazing work.

gfx
    Well I don't know for sure.. it's just that this hood has about the same about of paint chips as the front bumper.. so its sort of baffling how the hood "caught up" with the front bumper in this short of time.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -
    Cobb stage 2.5 w/ VF30, Stoptech BBK, JDM STI front/rear seats, Mattjk LCD setup, JDM headlights w/ McColluch 6000k HIDs, GReddy EVO, 17x8" Gold Rota Torques, Eibach Pro-kit
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gfxwrx

My car shots taken with my Canon 300D dSLR

HardCore, sorry to hear about your misfortune. If you haven't already taken your car into the shop I highly recommend Greater Pittsburgh Auto Center out near the airport. I got rear ended twice in two weeks back in fall '02 and took it to them. They primarily do work on high-end cars...my wrx looked way out of place there in the lot among the BMW's, Mercedes', Porche's, etc. They did awesome work on my car and they treated me like I was driving one of those expensive cars out there in the lot. If you have any questions PM me.
    '03 WRX wagon
    '97 Civic EX supercharged
    Beechjet 400A and Hawker 800 driver

Thanks for the recommendations guys, but it's already been fixed. The initial reason I considered Bill Gray Subaru was because it was supposedly located on Liberty Ave (which I presumed was the Liberty Ave that runs from Shadyside up through other areas, eventually through the strip and into downtown); for some (stupid) reason I thought the collection of dealerships near Liberty and Baum Blvd was the Bill Gray dealerships (and I live in Shadyside, so it seemed real close). Of course, when I went over there and saw a different dealer's name on all the signs, I realized my mistake, called up Bill Gray, and found out their actual location (past Liberty Tunnel). I was already in my car at the moment, so I took it there anyway. It was a general collision center for all of Bill Gray's dealerships, and while I have no real reason to bash them as my car (at the moment) seems fine mechanically, they definitely had an indifferent feel and didn't exactly compare to a shop that is near my old old home in Michigan, where the guys live and breathe Subarus. Regardless, the body's restored, there supposedly was no mechanical damage found, and the insurance company of the guy who hit me paid everything. All I had to deal with was driving around a rental Pontiac Grand Prix for a week (which was a lot IMO ). While I hopefully won't have to worry about which body shop to pick again, I'll probably take up one of your recommendations before heading back to Bill Gray.
    "Down low."
    "No doubt."

Yeah, they are on WEST Liberty Ave. At least you got it fixed though.