Philadelphia Auto Show
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Philadelphia Auto Show within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Those of you car enthusiasts who were debating on going to the Philadelphia car show this year, I have some ...

Philadelphia Auto Show

Those of you car enthusiasts who were debating on going to the Philadelphia car show this year, I have some information that will definately make you want to go! There will be a Red on Black Ferrari Enzo on display this year at the show. Be prepared for a HUGE crowd around the car, but oh yes it will be there, and believe me, its worth the wait to see it! Its unreal! The car is currently in hiding (im glad i know the owner, hehe) and it will be at the show then off to Florida. Just thought I would share. Definately worth a drive from surround states to see this monster.

Later on guys,
    Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There's an Enzo Ferrari already on permanent display in Fort Lauderdale, Florida (along with the Ferrari Testarossa used in Miami Vice). But, to see it again.. ahhh.. it is a beautiful vehicle in person. I will already be at the show on numerous days. It's too bad that this show is not considered a major show to see new vehicles appear for the first time (unlike New York, L.A., and Detroit).
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

Yarg....i hate that car.

Ill look anyway....
    I created my avatar.

Ferarri...yippie..one car i'd never own, nor would i want to.
    i see em enough on the roads to get my fill of the prancing horse.

they may not be Enzo's...but they are still overpriced, over-hyped cars
    i'd rather go to see the neat ideas put in other cars in the market.
    guess i'll ask my boss for more free tickets this year..mise well go...why not spend a day trying to look at carsyour gonna see everyday, and ones you will never see again in your life, fighting thru crowds, having people bump into you, and looking at cars you work one or helped prepare for the show(cars provided by Carousel Toyota)

Murray

Murry-Don't be so bitter. If you could afford it, and afford to maintain and insure it, im sure your opinion would change. I personally like the F50 more than the Enzo. More entertaining ride, and it's a lot louder.
    The regular cars at the car show are boring. You see Toyota Celicas at every corner. For the majority of the public, to see an Enzo will make their year. 90% of the population has never seen a Ferrari in real life anyway. This wasn't a post to hear every one ***** and moan about why they dont like Ferraris. They are works of art.

BTW - You work at Carousel Toyota? My good friends dad runs Carousel Hyundai.

PS-Since Philadelphia is a class C show, why would you go to expect cool conepts? They never have anything that is to enticing. Go to detroit on NYC to see a class A. Its good for the Phila. show to have a car like the Enzo.
    Last edited by Mabf355; 01-19-2004 at 10:04 PM.

i guess i did sound a little bitter with that..
    i know its an incredible car, that you will never see again in real life unless you know the owner, and i would go try to sneak a pic of it(but will get frustrated and walk away due to people drooling over it)

i would have loved to go out to detroit, but was busy eslewhere..perhaps next year i'll look into it earlier and maybe take the train out or something.
    otherwise, NY show may be in the agenda..

im sure if i had a billion $$ to spend on cars, i'd buy a hyper exotic..but the Enzo was sold out 4 minutes after it went on sale..i'll NEVER own one.. even if i slip in some icy parking lot and sue the crap outta the company who owns the lot..lol

even then, i think i'd rather look for an old GT40 or some high end porsche's... hte italian cars are nice and all..but jsut not my cup of tea..

yea i work at C.T...i've been there for years, went from a "lot *****" to detail while i was in school, now im a tech.
    im assuming your talking about Jim, if you ask him and he thinks about it fora second, he will know who i am.. but im honestly not a huge fan of him..i almost bought a used truck off their lot, but he wouldnt cut hte price of the car for an employee...i find that quite stupid..even his sister got a little upset with his decision on that one..
    anyway, maybe if i get free tix. to the show again, i'll see what days anyone from here is goin..i know last year i met a few peoples from NASIOC one day.
    i usually go on saturdays or sundays though, but something tells me weekdays are less crowded.

Murray

Any of you going to the black tie night? I just got my tickets last week.
    I created my avatar.

black tie night
    what? how? who the?

Its the first night of the show, gotta wear a tux and ticket includes "heavy hour’devours, and champagne" or somthing like that. I'm pretty sure most of the 'dont touch this' ropes are gone.
    I created my avatar.

Murry - I am acutally good friends with the McBrearty's. He just recently began working there. And if i were a billionaire as well, id own well, everything thats insane just for kicks!!

CKxx, I will be at the black tie. I go every year. Its a good time thats for sure.

Originally posted by Mabf355
    CKxx, I will be at the black tie. I go every year. Its a good time thats for sure.
    Nice, ill look for you by the blue rally car.
    I created my avatar.

yea ill be at the Subaru display, but in tears this year. Just last Friday some A$$ hole kid ran me off the road and caused me to crash into a Chevy Silverado and total my 04 WRX. I am extreemly depressed, because I wont get enough out of it to get another Oh well, i am glad i am alive.

If this is your first time at the Black Tie, you will enjoy it, I alwasyg do.

i've got the non-hookup...how'd you get these??

Roamin' - This is the first year that the Black Tie is open to the public. However, in the past, anyone could go, but it wasn't really advertised. Visit www.Blacktietailgate.com for info. Its real expensive, (thats why I go with my dad, he pays ) I believe this year it's around $150 per ticket. In the past it was just $100. It's well worth it because you can meet a lot of interesting individuals, and important people in the automotive world. I basically go to see the show without the typical Philadelphia crowd. Its more of a social event then a car show, which makes the cars a lot better. Since I work at Lexus, and they are a sponsor with Mercedes Benz, I get the in, but only recently. My uncle who used to own multiple dealers turned me onto the black tie about 6 years ago when I was 13. Its a lot of fun! If you can still get tickets, I would go!

PS-Yes the ropes are usually down around Kerbecks Display etc, and some other cars are accessable. Plus it could be your first time sitting in car show cars with the shifter knobs and other interior accessories still intact!!

PPS-Nobody will get near the Enzo though. It's some morons car, who let the dealer take it to the show! They better pray it stays safe!

Question

Aside from Black tie night, when are some people going? This weekend? Next weekend? During the week?
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.