Philadelphia Auto Show - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Philadelphia Auto Show within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; The Philadelphia Auto Show is huge disappointment every time I go. The lack of concept cars is the problem. I'd ...

The Philadelphia Auto Show is huge disappointment every time I go. The lack of concept cars is the problem. I'd rather do to the Detroit Auto Show or something in NYC.

I didn't like the Philly Auto Show before I attended SEMA LV for the first time. Having been to SEMA twice, nothing else compares anyway.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs down SEMA

Unfortunately SEMA is not open to the general public. I could probably request credentials for the media, as I do work in that field, but a lot of others on this forum wouldn't be able to go. Now, the Detroit show is a show to go to! That's a show that I will be planning for in the near future. As for now, I have free tix to Philly's show, and I will go just to see some of the wheels on hand.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

Re: SEMA

Originally posted by photog72
    Unfortunately SEMA is not open to the general public. I could probably request credentials for the media, as I do work in that field, but a lot of others on this forum wouldn't be able to go. Now, the Detroit show is a show to go to! That's a show that I will be planning for in the near future. As for now, I have free tix to Philly's show, and I will go just to see some of the wheels on hand.
    The SEMA show is open to anyone who has a friend that will print a business card for them. For example: ask my friends.

-Jim

I'll be there on friday the 6th.
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

Thumbs down Auto Show Review

For a car show that is supposedly the 5th largest in the country, it dissapointed. The Subaru display is nice, they are previewing the 2005 Legacies, they had a Subaru WRX rally car, WRX STi, WRX 4 door (in red), and an aftermarket modded WRX. Oh, and you can see a WRX sport wagon there - in Saab 9-2X trim. Yes, they had one on display at the Saab booth - it was on a platform, so you couldn't sit in it.

Don't even think about getting close up to the Enzo Ferrari, or any of the Ferraris or Mazeratis. All are roped off.

Mazda impressed me with the Mazda3. There's a nice blue hatchback model there with a NAV system and HIDs. They are also showing off the RX-8 from Xmen 2. Some guy from the Delaware Valley Miata club was trying to sell me on the Miata. I told him, no thanks, they are under-powered (until the Mazdaspeed version comes out). Remember, I am a former RX-7 and Miata owner, so I have a little bias in me.

The Ford GT looks good, and so did the new Corvette. The Audi/Bentley/Rolls/Lambo section was a nice section to visit. The Viper was weird to look at, since it was positioned at an angle off the floor. Not much else comes to mind. If you want to know.. ask me.
    "People who believe they are acting with the mandate of God, who see others who don't share their beliefs as inferior in the eyes of God, make dangerous leaders. Just ask Osama Bin Laden." - Ron Reagan Jr.

For a car show that is supposedly the 5th largest in the country, it dissapointed
    Since Philadelphia is a Class C show, you should never expect to be blown away by anything. By far the best car at the show was the Enzo. Kerbeck had some cool obnoxious cars (as usual) from the new Aston DB9 to the Bentley Continental GT. The Murcielago 40th anniversary he had, was borderline hindeous! The Ferrari 612 and the Maserati Quattroporte were pretty cool to see considering production on those two doesnt begin for another couple months. Maybach wasn't supposed to have a display but they did, and it's ashame that they didnt give them enough room to bring the 62! In typical Philadelphia Fasion it wasn't terrible.
    Seeing the R32 GTI was very cool(although over priced) along with Mercedes real cool display for the E55. It is chained down on a platform with a sign that states: "please don't feed the monster!" BMW brought the 645ci and the new X5 4.8is (replaces the 4.6).

But most enjoyable? The Blue STi with a huge NOS tank inbetween the two back seats!!

Check it out if you get the chance
    -Marc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12