12/6/03 - Lima, NY: Finger Lakes SCCA Winter Series Rally #1

This is a discussion on 12/6/03 - Lima, NY: Finger Lakes SCCA Winter Series Rally #1 within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Mods can you make this a sticky, please? http://www.flr-scca.com/rally/2004/index.html#rc This event is coming up real soon and it looks like ...

Finger Lakes SCCA Winter Series Rally #1 - 12/6/03 Lima,NY

Mods can you make this a sticky, please?

http://www.flr-scca.com/rally/2004/index.html#rc

This event is coming up real soon and it looks like the Jim and I will be tackling our 2nd TSD together. I hope to get some upgraded lighting by then, maybe some mud flaps as well. But unfortunately we may have to roll on RE92s until I get some serious treadblock action. Hope some of you other CLUBWRXers can make it.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

To get to Crossroads (in Lima), probably the easiest method to describe is to take 390 south, then get off at the Lima/Avon exit, which should be #10. At the light at the top of the ramp, go left, which is east, and that puts you right on 5&20. IIRC, there's another traffic light for traffic exiting from the northbound side of the highway, and then from there you go, I'd guess about 5 or 6 miles until you come into Lima (maybe check a map to be sure). Its the first town you'll come to in that direction. The very next traffic light you'll come to is in the middle of Lima, where 5&20 crosses 15A. And as you sit at the light, the Crossroads Inn is on your left, just before the intersection. Its also in front of a Big M grocery store and next to an HSBC bank. Alternatively, if you're coming from Henrietta or somewhere close, you could just 15A all the way into Lima, then turn right on 5&20, and the crossroads will be right there on the right, but that's probably a slower !
    route unless you're fairly close.

Manetti's is also off of 5&20 in Canandaigua. Its on the right side, if you're east bound. Its in a plaza, behind a Wendys, next to a Ponderosa, and across a side street from a Burger King. The whole plaza is across 5&20 from a Ford dealer, an Autozone, etc. It shouldn't be hard to find if you look for the other restaraunts as landmarks. To get there from Rochester, probably the fastest way is to take the Thruway to the Canandaigua exit, then take 332 until it intersects with 5&20, then go left. Its probably 3/4 of a mile on the right.

To get back to the Crossroads from Manetti's, just get onto 5&20 going west (back toward 332). But stay on 5&20 for about 19 miles until you come into Lima. As you're heading westbound, Crossroads is on your right.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!

-Jim

Slackin' on the stuck Jim-Buck.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by fengshui
    RE92s

chris
    WORD.

-Jim

Sadly, Chris and I are snowed in here in Long Branch, NJ. We'll be working on the rally lights for Chris' car today and not running the rally as we had planned.

-Jim