PA: I hate WRX haters (Pittsburgh people, read)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PA: I hate WRX haters (Pittsburgh people, read) within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I live in the area of Pittsburgh known as Shadyside, which (by most accounts) is one of the nicer(nicest?) areas ...

PA: I hate WRX haters (Pittsburgh people, read)

I live in the area of Pittsburgh known as Shadyside, which (by most accounts) is one of the nicer(nicest?) areas to be around here. This afternoon I'm out in the little shopping/business district area of Shadyside (called Walnut St.), which is a pretty nice area; since it's around noon on Friday, parking is impossible to find on the street or on any of the designated lots for the area, so I put my car in the parking garage for that area. THIS IS THE LAST PLACE I EXPECT ANY TROUBLE IN PITTSBURGH! Of course, I come back to my car after having lunch (only gone for like a little over an hour), and what do I find? A huge streak across my trunk made by some punkass who felt that keying a WRX was the best way to spend his afternoon; whoever did it deserves a major beatdown, although I'd rather have no keyed scratch on my car than beat the fool

sigh, anyways, I'm just really really really saddened that I have to deal with this type of crap no matter where I drive my WRX; since I've never had anyone key my car before, what's the standard process for fixing this? just go to a body shop and have them buff it out? also, for anyone in pittsburgh, do you have any recommendations about where to take it to?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How deep is it? It may need more than a buff. I work at a Ford dealer and I know they have a guy come in and do the touch up stuff when needed, so you may want to call up or stop in to wherever you bought the car and see what they`d do, unless you know of someone who has a body shop or something of the sort.

Good luck

p.s- Don`t be too upset, I wouldn`t expect anything less no matter where in Pittsburgh you go... Maybe I`ve lived here too long, maybe I`m paranoid, maybe I`m just dumb, but no matter where you are theres going to be some ******* who`s jealous of what you have and will try to **** it up. Just be glad it wasn`t any worse.

depending on how bad it is, they may have to repaint the entire trunk. *sniff sniff*...do i smell a new CF trunk??
    03, wrx, aspen white, K&N drop in filter, for now waitin for warranty to go bye bye.

I'm actually going to grad school here in Pittsburgh and my family lives in Michigan (which is where the dealership that I got the car from is at). So the current plans were to take care of it when I visit Michigan around the week of Thanksgiving; there I have both the option of someone I know at a body shop look at it as well as the option of the original dealership. One thing though, how can I assess how bad it is (or how deep is too bad)? I haven't had my own car keyed before so I'm unsure how badly they got my trunk (praying doesn't need trunk repainted... too busy saving up for importing/painting/installing my eurospec spoiler )
    Last edited by HardCore; 11-09-2003 at 12:43 PM.

yeah shady side is the like the hood. Stupid people. That is the exact reason I do not bring my car down to the city. We used to have kids down by my work throwing rocks at cars, and I came out a couple of times with rocks on the windshield cowl (on my old car). So, now I just bring a beater car into town.

Originally posted by DILLIGAF
    yeah shady side is the like the hood. Stupid people. That is the exact reason I do not bring my car down to the city. We used to have kids down by my work throwing rocks at cars, and I came out a couple of times with rocks on the windshield cowl (on my old car). So, now I just bring a beater car into town.
    I dunno if I'd say Shadyside is like the hood... near CMU towards Squirrel Hill that is; I mean the Walnut St. area doesn't really compare with say, South Oakland :-) then again, punks are everywhere it seems

I was just being sarcastic. Shady Side and Squirrel Hill are far from being "da hood"

Hey man sorry to hear about the keying. That definitely sucks. You just wish people had a little bit more respect for others property. Im anal about where I park my gs-r( due to the inherent high theft risk) but im just as anal at making sure noones gone around and keyed or dinged the doors. I always make a mental note of the make/model of the car I park next to and if i feel like it, I'll write their plate down. Anal? You might say so, but I love my car, just like Im sure the rest of you do.

Anyways, I know of a good shop that worked on my teg out in Monroeville in case you dont get it fixed up at home in MI. Pm me if you want their contact info.

Best of luck and be careful, apparently even in the "nicer" parts of the burgh our cars are at risk
    99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

Originally posted by jdillen
    Im anal about where I park my gs-r( due to the inherent high theft risk)
    A buddy of mine actually had his GS-R stolen about a month ago when he parked it on a nice residential street in Squirrel Hill. This was out, in the open, in broad daylight. Seems some people just can't be stopped

Very unfortunate. I would have to agree and say Pittsburgh is the Hater Capital of the world. Allot of locals think the idea of modding a car is to go out and steel parts off others. So many pathetic people in one area. I know a guy by Kennywood that does good work if you need a plan "b".
    04 JBP
    Stock - they are watching.

A buddy of mine actually had his GS-R stolen about a month ago when he parked it on a nice residential street in Squirrel Hill. This was out, in the open, in broad daylight. Seems some people just can't be stopped

Well that is definitely NOT comforting at all. Man, sounds like I'm gonna have to really watch out. I cannot believe all that Im hearing about the burgh. I knew it wasnt great, but stealing parts off cars and the like, thats just not cool.

BTW, did they find ur buddy's gsr??
    99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

Originally posted by jdillen
    BTW, did they find ur buddy's gsr??
    don't think so, b/c he's driving a different gsr now

got it checked out while visiting family in MI for thanksgiving, turns out the scratch is just too deep, has gone right through the pain, and no amount of buffing will get it out

so the only way to completely fix it will be to repaint the trunk; since I'm getting my spoiler soon anyways, and will have to paint that, I guess I'll check out how much more it will cost to paint both the trunk and the spoiler simultaneously

I did, however, grab some Subaru (java black pearl) touch-up paint that can supposedly be used on the scratch to somewhat offset its hideousness; anybody ever used this stuff? how noticeable is it once its on? I'm probably just going to take care of it when i get my spoiler painted, but was curious to hear anyone's opinion

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.