NYC owners
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NYC owners within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi, new to the board and a celica owner. I'm considering to buy the WRX this week to take advantage ...

NYC owners

Hi, new to the board and a celica owner. I'm considering to buy the WRX this week to take advantage of the current deals. Just want to know where NYC owners bought their WRX's and if you guys recommend the dealers as well as their service you bought it from, preferably Queens and LI area. Any input will be helpful, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bought my '02 WRX at Major Subaru on Northern Boulevard in Queens. I feel like it was a pretty good experience, but then again it was my first new car and had nothing to compare it to. The people there seem genuine (as far as car dealers go). I walked in there at 2:00pm and had drove away with my newly financed and prepared car by 5:00pm. I didn't get the best price for it, but that is because I didn't really know how to negotiate. I'm confident that someone who does know how could get a very good deal there. As far as warranty and repairs go, the Subaru repair shop is part of Major Dodge. You have to get an appointment for repair, but once your car is in there, they have it fixed in very little time. The Subaru mechanics there are very competant. They have continued to repair my car under warranty, even though it is Stage 4 now. At this point, they just won't touch anything that is related to my mods, and they tend to ask for advice from S.O.A. The best experience that I had there was when my car got towed by the NYPD, which tore up my driveshaft and rear differential. Major Subaru fixed it under warranty - $2500 worth of work.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Thanks for the input. Bought mine at auto network in Jamaica, silver WRX wagon, hopefully I could pick it up this week 'cause they have to locate it.

in new jersey much better deals.do your self a favor when you get your rex keep it in a garage.

Originally posted by Pikon
    Thanks for the input. Bought mine at auto network in Jamaica, silver WRX wagon, hopefully I could pick it up this week 'cause they have to locate it.
    Pikon-
    when you get your WRX, take it to Metric Subaru for service.

There aren't any Subie techs at Auto Network service but one whom likely will not be working on a soobie. Everyone there are Mazda techs.

-Dave
    '03 WRX Wagon
    '99 Outback Sport
    '96 Impreza "Franken" L <- CoDriver
    http://TeamIAC.com
    http://race-sport.net
    http://racingbrake.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.