Winter Meet in Central NY State
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Winter Meet in Central NY State within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I'm gauging interest in a winter meet. I'm looking into holding this event in mid-February when there's plenty of snow. ...

Winter Meet in Central NY State

I'm gauging interest in a winter meet. I'm looking into holding this event in mid-February when there's plenty of snow.

I'm inquiring about getting this at the NY State Fairgrounds. It's centrally located, easy to find, and near me (so I can cut a little of the leg work out ). I am going to be fairly flexible on it though.

I'm thinking of having an autocross event, a drift event, and maybe a drag event, all on snow. All events would be single car, best time wins, to eliminate some potential for accidents. I'm thinking this would be great for those that don't get much snow to come out and have some fun on "the slippery stuff".

There will be some expenses for insurance, a snow machine, and the venue. If there's enough interest in this I'll be chasing down some vendors and sponsors to defray the cost and hopefully this will be completely free. Worst case scenario would be about a five dollar fee, but I'm going to do everything I can to avoid that.

I'm not currently keeping this WRX or Subaru specific, so mention it to your friends. I'll have an e-mail address specifically for this event in a day or so, but in the mean time post your comments and suggestions here or PM me.

Thanks!

Dave
    It's NOT your MAF sensor!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That would be sweet. But it seems a little out of reach to put on something like that. I'd definently go.

Dave
    '02 Blue WRX
    TXS stage 2

By "out of reach" do you mean far away, or something else? I'm hoping people from the east coast would attend whether they get snow or not. I can try to make it a little further south, like Binghamton area, but that's not going to make much difference to most people from out of state.

I hope the idea of snow isn't putting a Subaru owner off the idea

Brief update.

I've gotten very little interest in this meet. Right now I'm running about 25 possible attendees. I'm gonna have to scale it back (yes... out of reach ) No fair grounds, no snow machine... I encourage anyone that would be interested to PM me or post.

We're looking at securing an empty parking lot and hoping the snow falls... if not maybe we can get an icy surface to play on. I'll try to get a website up as a base of operations so anyone interested can get the info easily. Until then, post any comments/questions or PM me. Let me know you're interested if you want to see this thing get off the ground!

Dave

I'm interested, and I bet I could get a lot of the UNYSOC guys to come out for it.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Another update. I have an e-mail addresss to contact if you are genuinely interested.

cnysnowday@hotmail.com

Send any questions, comments, ideas to this address. This will aid in figuring the numbers and spreading the info. If you think another site would be interested, post the general info and that address. All makes and models are welcome.

If you post this to another website let me know through e-mail, so I don't double post on it. Thanks!

Dave

Dates and location should be coming shortly.

Originally posted by Trailboss
    I'm interested, and I bet I could get a lot of the UNYSOC guys to come out for it.
    UNYSOC? Do these guys have a site? What does the acronym stand for?

Oh and btw, a link to the original thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=1

Anyone with some good pics of their car they would like to donate, e-mail them to jkt354@aol.com as I will me making fliers and a pic to post up on the net.
    Last edited by blueballs; 11-07-2003 at 11:44 AM.

i go to school in cortland....so im right in cny. im me my sn is chillinwitwillen! im def interested

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.