Philly car wash place?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Philly car wash place? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey, is there anyone from Philly (i.e. downtown/city) who knows a good place to get my car washed? I can't ...

Philly car wash place?

Hey, is there anyone from Philly (i.e. downtown/city) who knows a good place to get my car washed? I can't even find a regular do-it-yourself coin-operated car wash. Also, after washing, any suggestions on a place I can take my car and park it with some shade cover so I can wax it? I park in one of the big garages here, so I don't know where I can do this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ummm... big garage? don't they have a little shade in them?

hell, if i had a garage like that, i'd take my soapy bucket right to the car - two buckets, one soap, one water and do it right in the garage that with some proper detailing products, a chamois, and some rags, ta-da! all done!
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

Hmm... I don't know if they'd let me wax it there in the parking garage. Then again, why should it bother them? Maybe I'll just do that.

i've only walked by it (on the way to chinatown from Hahnemann), but there's a car wash right on Race St. You can get there by going up/down Broad St. and turn onto Race (it's one way to the east) and I think it's the 1st block. NOTE: i've never had my car washed by them, but they have had some decent cars there when I've passed (i.e. BLING BLING). And they have a canopy around the side...i'm not sure what that's for...it might be their interior cleaning area...who knows.

Thanks for the tip. Funny thing... I just saw that place on Saturday when I was walking around after eating at Corner Bakery. Yeah, I saw some decent cars there. I'll try them... $10 hand car wash, but $6 with a coupon in the little collegiate coupon book all the schools hand out.

Btw, do you go to Hahnemann? (er, Drexel... Name changes too fast for me to keep up )

I was a student (IMS program), but I also work there on some weekends. U there?

I'm a 3rd year at Jefferson... so it's still more or less in the neighborhood.

Cool, what rotation are you on? Which ones have you done already? Favorites? I'm, uh....thinking about taking the plunge... BTW, know anyone in admissions?????

wYlie

I'm finished up Family Med this week... I'm actually at the library right now studying for the exam on Friday. I've only had one before this, namely Psych. I did it at Belmont Behavioral, which I thought was a blast. I'm doing Family Med here at Jeff, and I'm really enjoying it. I know that ultimately I'm going to want Int Med, though. Surgery is more or less out, though I know it's foolish to rule it out before I've had it.

Heh, nope, I don't know anyone in admissions...

IMS program, you say? Is that the program for international students preparing for admission to a US school?

Oh, man, did I just hijack my own thread?

we already found you one carwash! I'm sure there's a DIY spray wash around there somewhere....I can't remember where though.

[hijack]
    Drexel/Hahnemann runs a couple of different programs for post-bac students. IMS was to strengthen scholastic records (I was a slacker/partier) and prove that students can handle the work load. We basically took most of the 1st year classes and were graded against the med student class - microanatomy, biochem, physio, immuno, nutrition, neuro...fun fun...right?

I work in pathology @ HUH. It's pretty fun...seen some cool stuff. A lot of students that come through there like the department.
    [/hijack]

wYlie

eh... I'm not complaining in the least... you're right; one car wash is good enough in the area. I can also always just cross the river and find some place around Cherry Hill. I find I like that area much better. It reminds me more of home. Going to the Moorestown or Cherry Hill malls is so nice after the Gallery.

Ah, gotcha on the IMS program. So, going to start the application process this year? Do you have an interest in going into pathology? Man, I don't even want to remember first year classes. I HATED anatomy and histo. Biochem and physio were cool, but still... Honestly, I feel like the entire purpose of the last two years was to get to clinicals and start actually DOING stuff.

Btw, what color's your WRX? I see a couple drive around here from time to time, though usually when I'm on foot. I drive a super-stock, super-sluggish automatic silver WRX.

yeah...escaping to cherry hill is prolly better than center city for some of that stuff. The gallery is very, uh, urban for sure. Where are you from?

I'm getting some 2ndaries to work on now.....i hate them (i applied once....a long, long time ago....). A lot of jumping through hoops.

Pathology is interesting...you do get to see a lot of different stuff and your knowledge base has to be both broad and specific. Most of the residents I've talked to came from Internal (either jobs or residencies) and switched because it offers better hours (9-6) and only a few nights/weekends on call. Same for attendings. I wouldn't pick it first, but I wouldn't rule it out either. (trying to stay open!!!) If I went to Drexel, I'm sure the path profs would be closely monitoring my.....direction, lol.

I have a silver wagon with black w/lip painted stockers. I know there's another silver wagon @ hahnemann (bonehed - he's a foodservice manager). I know there's a few others in the city...oh, dookiebob is a 4th year @ drexel - white sedan with lotsa mods.

wYlie
    Last edited by Roamin'Coyote; 09-24-2003 at 11:13 PM.

Man, last spring I was at the Gallery and got to witness this massive fight between 12-15 guys that spread across most of the food court. One guy would fling another guy and he'd go careening twenty feeet away, then someone else would run after him, etc. Chairs were being thrown and everything. Then again, it's not one of the stranger things I've seen in Philadelphia. Jefferson is located very close to the heart of the gayborhood. For the most part, this has no affect on anything, save it makes the area a little safer, actually. But, man, late night... some strange, strange people are about.

I'm from NW Indiana, a little town called Valparaiso. It's about an hour from downtown Chicago. It's a nice blend of rural and suburbia. I was home at the beginning studying for boards, and I remember sitting at the university library and being amazed that there were these huge expanses of lawn in front of me. It's only been a couple of years since I've been in Philly, but the constant concrete gets to me.

Yeah, I can definitely see Path giving one a wide variety of experiences... As a subject, it's really the core of medicine, I feel. I mean, the only reason you learn anat/physio/biochem/etc is to understand path and its integration into clinical medicine.

Did you do undergrad in the area? I was at Penn State.

I didn't realize that there were other people from the immediate area on the forum. I especially didn't realize dookiebob was from around here. I've read so many of his posts.

Okay, back to studying.

I know a "car wash" up in Olney (by La Salle) where cars go in but never come out.

there is a DIY in Roxbourgh (spelling?) up on henry ave by philadelphia university...just a few blocks up...right where Ridge Ave anb Henry Ave meet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.