Caravan to Subaru Shootout from SE PA or North DE/MD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Caravan to Subaru Shootout from SE PA or North DE/MD within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Anyone from SE PA or North MD or DE interested in caravaning up to the Subaru shootout in Beaver Springs ...

I Support ClubWRX

Caravan to Subaru Shootout from SE PA or North DE/MD

Anyone from SE PA or North MD or DE interested in caravaning up to the Subaru shootout in Beaver Springs PA PM me or reply to this post.

We'll be leaving from Oxford PA (19363) at either 7 AM Sat morning, or Friday around 6 PM. Most likely it will be Sat.

Oxford is about 20 minutes off I-95 at the exit for 272 in DE (the Cecil County Dragway exit for those in the area). It's probably faster than taking 95 up around Philly.

We figure about a 2.5 hour drive from Oxford.

Cheers,
    Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Caravan to Subaru Shootout from SE PA or North DE/MD

Originally posted by YBNormal07
    Anyone from SE PA or North MD or DE interested in caravaning up to the Subaru shootout in Beaver Springs PA PM me or reply to this post.

We'll be leaving from Oxford PA (19363) at either 7 AM Sat morning, or Friday around 6 PM. Most likely it will be Sat.

Oxford is about 20 minutes off I-95 at the exit for 272 in DE (the Cecil County Dragway exit for those in the area). It's probably faster than taking 95 up around Philly.

We figure about a 2.5 hour drive from Oxford.

Cheers,
    Scott
    If you leave on Friday night, Chris and I might be able to meet you on the TP.

My cell: 267-994-4980

-Jim

Scott,

Saturday am would work for me. Do you have a route you are taking? I would probably meet you along the way somewhere. I live 20 minutes from York and Lancaster and 35 minutes from Harrisburg.

Todd
    Last edited by silversti; 09-08-2003 at 06:16 AM.
    04 STI
    FPGreen

I'm in the King of Prussia area and would like to caravan Saturday morning. I just need a meeting place with directions and time.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

I'll be there bright and early!!
    2002 Sedona red pearl WRX -SOLD
    2004 forester XT
    Toms Custom Detailing
    -Owner

I Support ClubWRX
    OK all, here is the plan:
    Jim, we are leaving Sat. morning instead of Fri, so thanks for the offer, but can't make it Friday.

Todd,
    We'll be coming up 30W and catching 283 W in Lancaster, followed by 322W. Pick a spot, shoot me your cell, and we'll meet you somewhere on the way. Should be there anwhere from 7:30 to 8 AM.

virpacalis,
    Your best bet is probably to meet us on 30W, just before Lancaster near all of the outlet stores. I know there is a McDonalds and a KFC in that area. Shoot me your cell number and we can coordinate if that sounds good to you. I figure we'll be hitting that area at about 7:30ish. Maybe you and Todd can coordinate and both meet us at the same location....fewer stops.

My cell is 267-246-7885.

I'd actually like to head up Friday night, but I'm feeling guilty 'cause I can't take the wife and kids, so I figure the least time away the better. Who knows, if the draw gets hard enough, Tom (and Sarah) and I might be heading up Friday night. Looks like a massive party forming up that night!!! If not, I'll be heading back Sat afternoon, since there isn't an STi class, I don't expect to be able to hang around for racing too long

Ciao, and see you Sat. WickedWRX will be in the posse also, (Tom) driving a red WRX. Sweet ride!

Don't forget, if you are planning on running, wear long pants, a sleeved t-shirt, and bring a helmet! (for those under 13.9 )

Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Id like to join the caravan seeing as i was going to drive it alone anyway, only prob is I have no clue where i can meet up w/you guys that doesent involve me backtracking about 30miles. Any help for directions would be appreciated...
    I created my avatar.

I Support ClubWRX
    New Plan. Sorry for the late notice, but due to unforseen circumstances, the caravan starting from Oxford will be leaving Friday afternoon instead of Sat. morning. At least this will give us a chance to get to the scoobie show and meet Fri. night and meet some other drivers.

We'll be leaving at approx. 3 PM (possibley by 2PM if we can get it together), which means we'll be passing through Lancaster at anywhere from 4 to 3 PM. If any of you can still make it, we'd love for you to join in. I'm posting the discounted hotels for the event here so you can book a room. We got 2 rooms at the Comfort Inn already.

Selinsgrove Area
    Comfort Inn - 570-374-8880
    Quality Inn - 570-743-1111
    Golden Arrow - 570-743-1611
    Phillips - 570-743-3100

Lewistown Area
    Clarion - 717-248-4961
    Super 8 - 717-242-8888

CKxx. If you still want to meet us, you'll have to give me an idea of where you are coming from before I can give you directions.

Again.....sorry for the change in plans, but overall, this should work out better.
    Cheers,
    Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Scott,

No problem. I will see you there on Saturday.

Todd
    04 STI
    FPGreen

CKxx, Your only about 30mins. from us in Oxford. Its just strait down Rt. 1 to 472 exit. Let Scott or I know if you can make it before 3 and dont forget about getting a hotel.
    Hope to see ya
    Tom
    2002 Sedona red pearl WRX -SOLD
    2004 forester XT
    Toms Custom Detailing
    -Owner

Anyone going Saturday morning?
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

I am leaving early Saturday morning from central PA. The route is 83 north through york to harrisburg and then 322. Anyone interested in a caravan.

Todd
    04 STI
    FPGreen

Originally posted by wickedwrx02
    CKxx, Your only about 30mins. from us in Oxford. Its just strait down Rt. 1 to 472 exit. Let Scott or I know if you can make it before 3 and dont forget about getting a hotel.
    Hope to see ya
    Tom
    I know where the cecil county exit is on 95....where are you guys planning to be? Acctually...Ill have to be going sat b/c I have a class at 4:10 on fri so thats that...but ill take down your cell phone YB and call you on sat once im there if thats cool?

Anyone leaving SAT post back, well see what our locations are and what we can do. Later.

EDIT: I was looking for times and such..it only seems to be from 10-4, is this correct? Seems kinda short.
    Last edited by CKxx; 09-10-2003 at 06:24 PM.
    I created my avatar.

I Support ClubWRX
    Again..apologies for bailing on anyone who was planning on meeting up with us on Sat. I really wanted my wife and kids to attend and this is the best way without running her ragged.

I thought the event seemed a bit short also, but they've got an import meet on Sunday so there might be vendors and such that have to set up on Sat.

I plan on getting out there when the gates open for decent parking and to check out the vendor stalls. Supposed to be some good deals going down. They open at 8 AM. Since we are all roughly from the same area, if anyone wants to call me on my cell maybe we can all park close to the same location, or just plain hang. My kids are little, but pretty kewl and love cars.

Any of you plan on racing BTW?

Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Id like to race, anyone know the fee and if helmets are available?
    I created my avatar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast