NJ Laws About Cars

This is a discussion on NJ Laws About Cars within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi Im Knew in the area and i was just wondering what kind of laws that they really enforce here. ...

New Brunswick, NJ/formerly from Orange County, CA!!

NJ Laws About Cars

Hi Im Knew in the area and i was just wondering what kind of laws that they really enforce here. in california they really cracked down on how loud your exhaust was. so i was wondering about stuff like that. and also how low your car was too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Really depends on what township your in. The biggest thing up where I am are the taillights. Have to have a red bulb in them regardless. Also no smoked out taillights. Also up by me turnsignals have to be either yellow or red, no white. I live up by wayne , nj (northern part of the state). I know oaklnad , also by me loves to nail people with their front windows being tinted. really your not supposed to have the front ones tinted at all but mine are 22% and nones given me any problems. Really it depends on how you drive I guess, if the cop wants to be a **** he can pretty mych nail you in thgis state on exhausts, tinting, lighting, and even though I haven't heard of any stories but probably lowering as well.

I've seen people in south jersey get busted for things like tint, taillights, stuff like that.
    You can get away with a decent amount sound wise, i've run open headers on V-8's for days(waiting on exhaust at the time).
    Your biggest pain-in-the-a$$ is going to be the inspection station.
    They are the hardest part of modding a car in NJ.
    Welcome to the right coast! Have fun in New Brumfus.
    mike
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

Originally posted by Peachazz
    also by me loves to nail people with their front windows being tinted. really your not supposed to have the front ones tinted at all but mine are 22% and nones given me any problems.
    Just out of curiosity, do you drive at night often? I can`t wear the tinted shield on my helmet (don`t know the %, but its the darkest they come) when the suns almost down, because its so hard to see, I can`t imagine having it permanitly on there. I know down in florida I`ve seen cars that literally look like they just spray painted their windows all the way around, and don`t know how they drive at night.

Sorry for getting off topic

I live in Boonton, NJ. Local cops been cool with me, maybe because they know the shop that built my car and I don't drive like a maniac.

My car has no tint, no cats, no rice-tezza tails, w/ front plate, & lowered. Been this way for a year, and no tickets wherever I go to through out NJ. (Knock on wood.) But if you think your exhaust is loud, do what I did, put a silencer on. Not only it quiets down the exhaust a lot, but if a cop is right behind you, and he sees you have an exhaust silencer, he knows you actually DO care about noise emission, and you shouldn't have a problem. At least this is what I learned from my local officers.
    Applied Force built WRX, definitely one of a kind.

Get the October 2003 issue of Sport Compact Car.
    They explain everything in there, state by state.