Chel's Speeding Tickets
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Chel's Speeding Tickets within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; so , we all know about michele's speeding history.... well on thursday afternoon at 4 pm (moments before blackout 2003) ...

Registered User Just an RS Girl's Avatar

Chel's Speeding Tickets

so , we all know about michele's speeding history....
    well on thursday afternoon at 4 pm (moments before blackout 2003) I went to my court hearing for my speeding ticket at 94 in a 55.

i walked into the court house in yorktown and just as i sat down the damn lights went out..
    well they decided to keeep court going and all the town cops had there meeting and then everyone left.
    It was me a black man and a spanish man left. the court clerk walks up to us to figure out why we where still there..
    anyway.. he says well if the officer doesnt show up in 15 minutes you are dismissed well the grueling 15 minutes go by and no show... the clerk walks out and tells us we can go home the judge dismissed our cases.
    what crazy way to get out of a 8 point ticket and about $350 fine.
    coulda lost my license.....
    i know you all hate me... but i got three points and $140 fine last week for my ticket I was doing 75 in a 30 and when he pulled me over he gave me 55 ina 40 and i had it reduced (being my first recorded offense) to a 45 in a 40 some one is watching over me
    Last edited by Just an RS Girl; 08-18-2003 at 09:47 PM.
    CHEL...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Chel's Speeding Tickets

Originally posted by Majkmerlin
    gotta love being a girl
    no, you gotta love being a girl who's name is now in the system with a record of reckless driving on two accounts. every time you get pulled over, the computer in their cars will show everything the cop needs to ensure that smiling and batting your lashes won't matter.

blow me off, flame me, i don't care. i lived in NY for 20 years and i have an inside knowledge of how this system works.

ps - if you think that the the offense that got thrown out isn't still lurking under your name, you're naive. you may not have paid, you may not have points, but it's in there.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

Angry

Wow some one isnt a happy camper.
    Whats with all the grouchiness.
    Lighten up, I was happy for a minute. Not like i plan on getting pulled over again, i learned my lesson and i am for sure counting my lucky stars.
    i've lived in NY my whole life.
    CHEL...

Wouldn't it be slightly illegal to keep a record of everything you were pulled over for? I mean if a court finds you inocent of whatever they pulled you over for, say doing 80 in a 55. Then it should be wipped off your record. I guess even the law doesn't even belive in itself anymore.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

F.Y.I. CRANKY PANTS SETH

Lucky for me i can prove your statement wrong.

I just spoke to a village cop who is a customer of mine, and i asked him if a case has been dismissed if I was to be pulled over again for any reason if the cop would be able to tell that i have been pulled over before. He said no.

The only way they can tell is if they were to actuyally be able to pull up the DMV system in there vehicle. Which is highly unlikely and extreamlly time consuming and expensive.

They can tell however if the plates belong to the car, if the license is valid and if you have any warrents for your arrest.

They cant tell if your insurance is valid unless you have an insurance card proving so.

They would have to call the insurance company and so on and so on..

So Mr. Lighting, if you think a cop is going to search the DMV recordes and stay on hold with my insurance company and wait to get confirmation that i have a clean record, i do believe that you are wrong.

So eat that cranky!
    CHEL...

a. it's LightNing, thankyouverymuch

b. a cop is never going to tell you what they're capable of, unless you're in really tight with them. i've used the system in the cars - there's more on there than any cop is going to tell you. pulling up the records is not expensive, and not highly time consuming (not anymore than the amount of time they keep you waiting for your ticket). they use them far more than most people realize - most of them have instant messaging on their computers! i got pulled over by freakin' bridge cops and was reminded of warning i'd received six months earlier that was not fined nor point-ed.

i could understand a smaller municipality (somewhere NOT 10 miles from NYC) not using the computer system, but you'll find most places (especially on the 95 corridor) have these systems in place. now, a 'village cop' (and yes, i know what they are) may or may not have it - where i grew up on long island, they did. heck, when i ran my own plates, i'd forgotten about half the stuff i saw in there.

as for the legality of keeping track of such things, it's not illegal at all. by definition, a pull-over is an arrest. you gave a police officer (in most cases, and certainly in the speeding instances we're talking about here) a justifiable reason to stop you, so therefore it can be argued that it's justifiable for them to keep a record of that arrest. and before anyone starts off with the "reading your rights" argument against the arrest definition, that only applies if you're taken into custody. a pull-over, as least a basic one, is not considered custody.

just the facts, ma'am, just the facts.
    Last edited by Lightning; 08-20-2003 at 09:18 PM.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

Majkmerlin said:
    So Mr. Lighting, if you think a cop is ....
    Lightning said:
    a. it's LighNing, thankyouverymuch
    Um, isn't it Lightning????

That's funny cause that same thursday 5 minutes before the blackout I was in court for a Stop sign ticket. I was rescheduled because the cop didnt show up I was in the lobby waiting for the elevator when the lights went out. ... Imagine me stock in that elevator
    Aspen White 2003 WRX
    COBB STG 2
    SQC #076

rescheduled !

how rude!

I would have dismissed you!

What court where you at?
    CHEL...

It was in NYC atlantic ave!
    Brooklyn NY.
    Aspen White 2003 WRX
    COBB STG 2
    SQC #076

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.