Northern Jersey Tinting
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Northern Jersey Tinting within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I just got my windows tinted on 8/2/03. The car looks awesome. The guy really did a nice job. I ...

Northern Jersey Tinting

I just got my windows tinted on 8/2/03. The car looks awesome. The guy really did a nice job. I got 20% on the sides and 15% on the back. He took me on the same day I walked in. It cost $206, tax included. The tint job comes with a lifetime warranty for bubbling and that kinda stuff. I would definitely recommend that you stop by if you are in the area. Take a look at his business card thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sams.jpg  
    - 2003 Sonic Yellow WRX
    - 20% Tinted Sides, 15% Tinted Rear

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    Damn....hope you pass inspection...if not get pulled over for tint...

What brand of tint they use?

Last edited by SpeedyWRX; 08-05-2003 at 01:44 PM.
    - 2003 Sonic Yellow WRX

Tan-
    Not to worried about inspectoin since I don't have to go for 4 years, and by then I won't mind just taken it off and putting it back on. The pulling over part I guess I do have to worry about a little, espically since my car is Yellow and stands out. Got any good lines to get me out of a ticket? I am not sure what tint they use, I now very little about tint, all I know is mine looks greaet so far.
    - 2003 Sonic Yellow WRX

tan
    Someone at Sam's should of told you the legal limits of tinting in NJ, which IIRC is no tint (except for factory) for the front windows.

The rear windows are 35% (including the factory tint).

Sorry I don't know any good lines to get out of it, as I normally try to stay in the legal limits of tinting.

But sometimes, as in Virginia, certain medical exemptions allows for darker than legal tints.

Originally posted by tan
    Someone at Sam's should of told you the legal limits of tinting in NJ, which IIRC is no tint (except for factory) for the front windows.
    The rear windows are 35% (including the factory tint).
    Sorry I don't know any good lines to get out of it, as I normally try to stay in the legal limits of tinting.
    But sometimes, as in Virginia, certain medical exemptions allows for darker than legal tints.
    The guys at Sam did tell me the laws about tinting. And in Jersey, I was told and also read, that they are actually None in the Front and Anything in the Rear. He said he would do whatever tinting I wanted done, i just had to sign a waiver stating that I do know that I could get pulled over for the tint, and he is not responsable. Thanks for the info thou.
    - 2003 Sonic Yellow WRX

front windshield and the two front windows, the rest can be done i believe

Originally posted by piker28
    front windshield and the two front windows, the rest can be done i believe
    Yea that is what I heard
    - 2003 Sonic Yellow WRX

that's where I got my tints done. great job, nice folks, reasonably priced.
    I met Sam and Chris.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.