Possible meet & track drag in SE PA/NE DE
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Possible meet & track drag in SE PA/NE DE within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Tom (wickedwrx02) and I are thinking of holding a meet followed by a trip to a local dragstrip on a ...

I Support ClubWRX

Possible meet & track drag in SE PA/NE DE

Tom (wickedwrx02) and I are thinking of holding a meet followed by a trip to a local dragstrip on a Friday afternoon/evening.

The gathering would begin around 5 or 6 PM in Nottingham PA park (or maybe Oxford PA park) both located right off 1 North and 272 or 472 in SE PA. I'll even break down and supply munchies and liquids.
    After we had all gathered and gotten fed/stared at, we would then caravan over to Cecil County Dragway, which is about 15 minutes away from either location.

I'm sending this out to see if there are any interested parties. We are thinking a Friday because the track fee is much lower than on a Saturday (I believe it is $12 vs $35). Tom thought that we would get more of a draw if we went on a lower fee night. Fridays are typically test and tune/grudge match, with a gamblers race through in sometimes. Speaking from experience (thanks for the shoes Tom!!), long pants/sweats and shoes are required. Also, helmets are needed for those who can bust a 13.9 (Jim, me, Seth , Tom, and Drizze to name a few).

If we choose a Friday, the best night would probably be August 1st, as far as the track schedule goes (www.cecilcountydragway.com). I'm certainly open to a Saturday personally, and I bet I could twist Tom's arm to convince him too. Gates open at 5 PM (and they are NEVER on time) Friday night. Lots of seating for GF/Wife/kids and there is also a refreshment stand. Plus, you get to but the hurtin' on many b-body wannabees.

I was thinking maybe we could even get a kitty going for awarding to the most consistent times over 3 (you choose 'em) runs.

If you think you might be interested, just post to this thread with a name and a count, and let me know what night or even date would work best. I'll give it a few days and see how it looks.

Maybe we'll even get to see Jim with the new turbo on by then...now that would be worth 12 bucks!! From the sounds of it, it might be about a buck a second!!!

The last 2 meets have been pretty good, and I'd like to continue the effort/good times made/had by everyone. BTW...the invite is to the SRT-4 crowd too. I for one want to see you guys in action!

Caio',
    Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just a couple of suggestions. Friday nights are usally PACKED at Cecil and your lucky to get 2 runs in. Sat is a little bit more exspensive but I believe the gates open at 8 am and close at 4 pm instead of Fri 5 pm to 10 or 11 pm. The only thing that you have to deal with Sat is Bracket racing. Hope this info helps some.

Jeff W.
    03 WRX

Re: Possible meet & track drag in SE PA/NE DE

Originally posted by YBNormal07
    Also, helmets are needed for those who can bust a 13.9 (Jim, me, Seth , Tom, and Drizze to name a few).
    BTW...the invite is to the SRT-4 crowd too. I for one want to see you guys in action!
    Scott
    it's not anymore! woo hoo

oh, and after sunday's drubbing, do you think the SRT guys will dare show again? j/k guys, that was fun. but the tape doesn't lie
    Last edited by Lightning; 07-25-2003 at 05:48 PM.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

I Support ClubWRX
    Jeff,
    I know what you are saying about Friday nights. It all depends on the moon I guess. The last two Fridays I've been there I got in 3 or 4 quick runs no problem. Other times, especially when some junk shown up, it's up to a 45 minute wait between runs.

Like I said, we are open to a Saturday, and that would probably make it easier for everyone to gather prior to heading to the track. Just wanted to leave the option open for those who don't want to spend the $35.

Seth,
    Can't wait to see your new ride....I'm sure the black looks evil on the STi!!!

I noticed that Jim is trying to form a caravan for a Rally race on the weekend of Aug. 1st, so that might conflict. Again though, we are open to any other weekend, so if you are interested but another date would be better, let us know.

Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

*bump*

come on, no interest in something like this? this forum is dead - where are all y'all?
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."

I would be interested.
    I created my avatar.

I Support ClubWRX
    OK...sounds like we might have at least 5 folks interested. I was just at the track last night on Friday, and it would be perfect for us...low lines and only 12 bucks to get in. Of course, trying to meet on a Friday is tuff, so maybe we should just meet at the track.

August 1st still sound good? If so, let me know by posting to this thread. I'll respond in a day or so with a list of those who want to do this. I'd love to see scoobies take over the track on a grudge night. Let me know here!!

If you are still interested in a Sat. instead of a Friday, post that too. So...leave your name, and your preference for day (Fri or Sat.). If it's Sat., I'll still supply the munchies and drink.

Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Ill pick fri night due to lower air temps.

-Craig.
    I created my avatar.

I'll be there Fri night. It will be the first time running my WRX so it should be interesting. Hopefully I'll get this launch thing figured out without breaking something.

Jeff W.
    03 WRX

I'd be in if it were any other Friday night. Offshore fishing trip Saturday, paintball in Jim Thorpe Sunday.
    Let me know if you go another weekend though
    mike

p.s. Was that your silver STi at Lums Pond? If so, i'll send you pics.
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

Originally posted by CKxx
    Ill pick fri night due to lower air temps.

-Craig.
    ok, i'll bite; i've been struggling with this statement for a few days now... why would friday night have lower air temps?
    s e t h

It's at night and Sat would be during the day.

Jeff W.
    03 wrx

I Support ClubWRX
    Here is the thread for us gathering at the track. Hope a lot of you show up.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...217#post313217

Cheers,
    Scott
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.