Any One Know Some Ny State Troopers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Any One Know Some Ny State Troopers within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I got clocked at 94 in a 55 on the Sprain Brook parkway by a state trooper in Croton. HELP ...

Registered User Just an RS Girl's Avatar

Unhappy Any One Know Some Ny State Troopers

I got clocked at 94 in a 55 on the Sprain Brook parkway by a state trooper in Croton.

HELP ! ME !

I dont know what to do it's my first ticket since i was 18 and living in ohio.

i dont have any points on my license. i know that if was going 1 more mile over the speed limit he could have impounded that car.

Any suggestions or help. Im scared.............

Michele
    CHEL...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Since you dont have any points on your license you should be fine. You will most likely have a hefty fine. Im in a similar boat right now, 65 in a 35 court date is the 13th. Im in OH so I cant give you specific laws, but I would recommend you research the points laws for NY and try to find out who the prosecutor is. You can talk to them and see what the penalty they usually assess is. Good Luck. My fingers are crossed on my end, keep us posted on how it turns out.
    ~T
    "Well kids you tried and didn't succeed, the important thing to remember here is...... Never Try." - Homer

get a lawyer buddy.....

Wish I did......I got an 89 in a 55 and a ticket for my tints. I know ... I'm screwed.... I'm more upset about the tints though.

Knowing a trooper won't necessarily help you.

You're lucky all right, 1 more mph and your license would've been automatically suspended if you were found guilty. As for the car being impounded: Generally, speeding 20 mph over the limit can mean grounds for arrest and impoundment.

If you plead or are found guilty, that'll be an 8 point license penalty. 11 points is a license suspension.
    http://www.nysdmv.com/license.htm#points

As a former NYC prosecutor and attorney, my advice is........ get a lawyer. Get a local one who knows the judge. One way is to just show up at the court very early and approach one there.

Originally posted by bedabi
    Knowing a trooper won't necessarily help you.

As a former NYC prosecutor and attorney, my advice is........ get a lawyer. Get a local one who knows the judge. One way is to just show up at the court very early and approach one there.

Does that go for me as well?

ticket

where is your court case being heard.......if it is in Harrision, I might be able to help.....been there, done that.....plus, i finally have some good connections.....if not there.....sorry
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

GET A LAWYER.

I recently got a ticket in my state, PA for 98 in a 55. I plead my case and was found guilty. I really wish I had hired a lawyer. I can't screw up for two years and my insurance went up dramatically.

-Jim

Angry

So i should show up like an hour or so before and just approach an Attorney? (Wear something pretty) LOL!

What do I say... "Hello Can you help me?"

This is my first speeding ticket since I was 18 (6 years ago). So maybe some one can help me.
    CHEL...

call one up ahead of time or do what bedabi said, some will only charge like 50 to 100 bucks..which definately sucks assuming ur going to have to pay another 200 dollar fine or somthing, but at least you wont get points most likely.....bedabi where did you go to law school? what did you study undergrad? cause im planning on going to law school, im a history major right now. did you enjoy law?

I Support ClubWRX
    Chele, that's what you get for not waiting to go to the track with me!

Sorry to hear about this. If it were in Jersey I could help out but the long arm of steve isn't that long. Goodluck.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

your lucky if you get a 200 dollar fine. In Blacksburg VA I have paid two 500 dollar fines for "reckless" driving, ie speeding above 20 mph. But yeah, I would look into a lawyer it can't hurt.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

i was up all night tossing and turning till 3 am and then up again at 8 am. thinking about this

Im scared. i hate screwing up especially when things are going better for me.

I decided to let off some stem that night cause my bf broke up with me for good that night after i just spent $1200.00 going to vegas to see him. and virtually wasted two years of my life with him.

i guess bad stuff happens in three's right... first the Ding in the door then the break up and then the ticket.

Hopefully I'll be safe for a while from the bad stuff.
    CHEL...

hope everything goes alright for you -- good luck in court.

think of this as a time to start over.

turn that frown upside down

speaking of 55mph speedlimits, I happen to dislike the fact that in I 87 coming southbound from Saratoga Springs, the speedlimit changes from a cool 65 down to 55.

Great place to get tickets!!
    Last edited by Trailboss; 12-21-2005 at 11:11 AM.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by aaronwillen
    did you enjoy law?
    I studied philosophy as an undergrad.

I liked being a prosecutor for the most part. But overall, being a lawyer kind of sucks. One phil. T.A. in college put it perfectly, "It's prostituting your intellect."

The worst part of being a lawyer though, is other lawyers.

I HATE lawyers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast