WRX insurance in NY???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX insurance in NY??? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I'm planning on financing an 04 wrx in a few months. Can anybody tell me how much insurance is for ...

WRX insurance in NY???

I'm planning on financing an 04 wrx in a few months. Can anybody tell me how much insurance is for an 02-03 rex in ny? I'm 24 with no moving violations. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm 22, with one old speeding ticket, and I pay 4000 a year to USAA. If I had another insurance company, it would be more like 8000 a year.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    I'm 22, with one old speeding ticket, and I pay 4000 a year to USAA. If I had another insurance company, it would be more like 8000 a year.
    damn 8000? why? do you have some special discount to pay half of what others charge? I was expecting no more than 4 grand a year.

OMG- I just called Geico for a quote and they told me $5,449 for 6 MONTHS!!! this is really really bad. I now have to seriously reconsider the car.

I am 26, have no tickets, except (1) for not wearing set belt, my insurance is $1,700 per year (I thought this was high, but after reading your guys stuff I must be on easy street), I have my insurance through NYCM

Originally posted by coyote73176
    I am 26, have no tickets, except (1) for not wearing set belt, my insurance is $1,700 per year (I thought this was high, but after reading your guys stuff I must be on easy street), I have my insurance through NYCM
    New York Central Mutual? That's a damn good price! what part of NY do you live in? Also, do you have a contact for that insurance company?

I am in Dutchess County (pawling to be exact, a little no name town in the middle of no where). I actually got the insurance through my insurance agent after progressive tried to juice my rates after 9-11 (and that was for a Geo Prizm). I have had them a few years now, and except for one minor fender bender in philly (with the Geo thank god), haven't had any other problems (tickets)

there website is nycm.com

Let's focus here guys. Are we talking about New York State or City? If you live in NYC, you will not get $1700 a year insurance. I get $4000 a year insurance from USAA because it is a member owned company, and only available to military and their immediate family. Diesel Clown, if you're 24 now, I suggest that you wait until you're 25 to get a new car. That's the age when insurance costs drop dramatically.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

you also have the option of taking that defensive driving stuff...doesn't drop insurance much, but sometimes any little bit helps...have to agree, the insurance rates in nyc are way higher than the boondocks of ny

Maybe you should join the army. There's nothing to worry about; the war's over!

www.usaa.com
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Maybe you should join the army. There's nothing to worry about; the war's over!

www.usaa.com
    lol, when the terrorist attacks happened, I woke up late so I ended up not being around the neighborhood to have breakfast with my uncle as originally planned. I was going to be the first to enlist but I hurt my back in an accident and ended up with 2 herniated disks that were just reaggravated with another accident involving my friends e46. Anyway, I just got a call from my current insuance carrier and the guy laughed at my Geico rate. He quoted me $4300 for full coverage for the year and when i turn 25 in Feb of 04, he said it can drop to even half that. Can't wait! I'm in Queens, NYC so that explains the cost. My friend living in Virginia with a 2000 rs only pays 1100 for full coverage a year. Now I just gotta get approved for a good loan which is an entirely different hurdle. my fingers are crossed. thanks for all the help guys!
    Last edited by Diesel Clown; 05-01-2003 at 09:48 AM.

QUEENS! REPRESENT!

I can't wait until I'm 25 and get lower insurance costs. Maybe then I'll be able to afford food.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

QUEENS! REPRESENT!

I can't wait until I'm 25 and get lower insurance costs. Maybe then I'll be able to afford food.
    damn bro i hear you...its just ridiculous when you pay more for insurance than for your actual car. anyway, im going from a 95 automatic altima to an 04 turbo 5 speed rex!! man i cant wait! i already know my first mod, hid's.

NY state insurance is a ripp off!
    Before I was 21 they told me it will drop when i hit 21 then they told me it will drop after Im 25.. now they tell me when i get married it will drop ! WTF!!!!

Im 26 9yrs with license no tickets and I still pay over 3K in queens!
    Aspen White 2003 WRX
    COBB STG 2
    SQC #076

Coyote, I've heard of Pawling. My friend's cousin lives there and 2 of my friends that I went to college live there. you probably know them!!! (not making fun of the small town thing) haha
    Blue, I know...it's messed up, but heck, get married anyway haha
    In Albany, I pay 1300 a year (03 wrx wagon + 89 Prelude). I'm 26 and have had a no fault accident (totalled 98 Lude) back in october and one speeding ticket back in 10/01. not too shabby. 8 grand would make me wanna ride a focking bike. I give you guys/girls MAJOR respect for shellin out that to truck around NYC!
    -STomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.