WRX insurance in NY??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX insurance in NY??? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally posted by wrxlude 8 grand would make me wanna ride a focking bike. LOL Extremely rational comment, but you ...

Originally posted by wrxlude
    8 grand would make me wanna ride a focking bike.
    LOL Extremely rational comment, but you probably didn't expect a reply like this...

8 grand a year for insurance versus the ~12 grand I spent last year on my bikes? I think that even the expensive car insurance would have been a good deal. Besides, I didn't get $hit when my custom built Azonic got stolen. At least I would get something if my car got stolen!
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I guess there is at least one benifit to living upstate. I pay 130 a month for mine and my wifes 02 civic. I am 30 and married so that helps plus I also have USAA. It really is one of the better insurance companies in the country.
    I've been up here for 5 years, I am originally from Eatontown NJ. I had a 94 4 cyl Ranger and I was paying 160 a month.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

i also live in upstate ny, i pay 1300 a year for my 2002 wrx and girlfriends 2002 kia, i feel for you guys down state, 4 grand a year is another rex payment.

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    paying 3.5k / yr for my wrx its 04 too. i got discounts for the drls and the security alarm n stuff. geico is cool (for now, ive never claimed w/ them yet) knock on wood.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

**** GEICO! they told me like 10,000 a year!!!

Amica = 3000 a year

w00t!

19 years old with a 6 point speeding ticket.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    Originally posted by Trailboss
    **** GEICO! they told me like 10,000 a year!!!

Amica = 3000 a year

w00t!

19 years old with a 6 point speeding ticket.
    youre joking right? statefarm kicked me off for my old street racing habits in my civic. i barely staved off a suspension on the license but i took one of those 6 hr courses to drop 4 points. and i had to pay 5.5k/year for statefarm...those *******s. i call up geico, ***** them out, have my mom ***** them out, and the price settled on 3.5k. im pretty happy with that, and i havent been in any trouble at all since i got the wrx cause now i drive so damn slow (the speed limit) there's usually a line of cars behind me

btw im 21. right now i currently have 7 points.
    Last edited by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee; 09-21-2003 at 01:34 PM.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

26 yrs old,
    180/a month
    Manhattan NY
    04 Sti
    04 STi
    04 749
    95 Legacy LSi

I actually work for NYCM. I got a quote through them for 2500 a year. I also got a quote from progressive for 2000 a year. I will probably go with Progressive.

BTW

I am

No moving violations
    Last edited by power091999; 09-22-2003 at 08:22 AM.

Originally posted by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
    youre joking right?
    Not joking at all. I also have the Good Student Discount, and a DD course.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

damn thats insane...I'm 24 with a clean driving record. I just got my insurance w/$500 deductables, and basically full coverage for 1100 a year

I had a dream last night that I was down watching the Yanks and when I got back 3 of the wheels were missing. They also took the time to leave it up on blocks
    I could NEVER OWN a car in NYC....NYC driving, however, is FUN
    -STOmp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

ehh, topics like this make me cringe when I realize I'm most likely moving to NYC next year (almost wish I wasn't for my WRX's sake)
    "And don't worry about your little recon mission. I'll keep it on the low down."
    "Down low."
    "No doubt."

I Support ClubWRX
    After reading this thread I feel muuuuuch better about my insurance. New jersey is one of the worst for insurance rates. I have 100 deductable comp and collision, and top of the line liability, and I pay 1800 a year. Thank you, I feel better now!!!

I'm 28 and single with 2 speeding tickets on my record (3pts and 4 pts) and pay $2200/yr with Geico. 2 times more than with my '97 Stratus. Only paying like $160 surcharge every 6 months for speeding tickets. Will see what happens with this last one I got that has not been settled (111/55). Oh, and I live in Washington County, NY (near Glens Falls).
    Black Pearl '04 WRX 0 mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12