WRX insurance in NY??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX insurance in NY??? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally posted by wrxlude 8 grand would make me wanna ride a focking bike. LOL Extremely rational comment, but you ...

Originally posted by wrxlude
    8 grand would make me wanna ride a focking bike.
    LOL Extremely rational comment, but you probably didn't expect a reply like this...

8 grand a year for insurance versus the ~12 grand I spent last year on my bikes? I think that even the expensive car insurance would have been a good deal. Besides, I didn't get $hit when my custom built Azonic got stolen. At least I would get something if my car got stolen!
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I guess there is at least one benifit to living upstate. I pay 130 a month for mine and my wifes 02 civic. I am 30 and married so that helps plus I also have USAA. It really is one of the better insurance companies in the country.
    I've been up here for 5 years, I am originally from Eatontown NJ. I had a 94 4 cyl Ranger and I was paying 160 a month.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

i also live in upstate ny, i pay 1300 a year for my 2002 wrx and girlfriends 2002 kia, i feel for you guys down state, 4 grand a year is another rex payment.

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    paying 3.5k / yr for my wrx its 04 too. i got discounts for the drls and the security alarm n stuff. geico is cool (for now, ive never claimed w/ them yet) knock on wood.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

**** GEICO! they told me like 10,000 a year!!!

Amica = 3000 a year

w00t!

19 years old with a 6 point speeding ticket.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    Originally posted by Trailboss
    **** GEICO! they told me like 10,000 a year!!!

Amica = 3000 a year

w00t!

19 years old with a 6 point speeding ticket.
    youre joking right? statefarm kicked me off for my old street racing habits in my civic. i barely staved off a suspension on the license but i took one of those 6 hr courses to drop 4 points. and i had to pay 5.5k/year for statefarm...those *******s. i call up geico, ***** them out, have my mom ***** them out, and the price settled on 3.5k. im pretty happy with that, and i havent been in any trouble at all since i got the wrx cause now i drive so damn slow (the speed limit) there's usually a line of cars behind me

btw im 21. right now i currently have 7 points.
    Last edited by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee; 09-21-2003 at 02:34 PM.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

26 yrs old,
    180/a month
    Manhattan NY
    04 Sti
    04 STi
    04 749
    95 Legacy LSi

I actually work for NYCM. I got a quote through them for 2500 a year. I also got a quote from progressive for 2000 a year. I will probably go with Progressive.

BTW

I am

No moving violations
    Last edited by power091999; 09-22-2003 at 09:22 AM.

Originally posted by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
    youre joking right?
    Not joking at all. I also have the Good Student Discount, and a DD course.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

damn thats insane...I'm 24 with a clean driving record. I just got my insurance w/$500 deductables, and basically full coverage for 1100 a year

I had a dream last night that I was down watching the Yanks and when I got back 3 of the wheels were missing. They also took the time to leave it up on blocks
    I could NEVER OWN a car in NYC....NYC driving, however, is FUN
    -STOmp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

ehh, topics like this make me cringe when I realize I'm most likely moving to NYC next year (almost wish I wasn't for my WRX's sake)
    "And don't worry about your little recon mission. I'll keep it on the low down."
    "Down low."
    "No doubt."

I Support ClubWRX
    After reading this thread I feel muuuuuch better about my insurance. New jersey is one of the worst for insurance rates. I have 100 deductable comp and collision, and top of the line liability, and I pay 1800 a year. Thank you, I feel better now!!!

I'm 28 and single with 2 speeding tickets on my record (3pts and 4 pts) and pay $2200/yr with Geico. 2 times more than with my '97 Stratus. Only paying like $160 surcharge every 6 months for speeding tickets. Will see what happens with this last one I got that has not been settled (111/55). Oh, and I live in Washington County, NY (near Glens Falls).
    Black Pearl '04 WRX 0 mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.