Long Island People
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Long Island People within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi everyone. Two things: One: Could anyone recommend any good shops around Long Island who installs mods? I've got the ...

Long Island People

Hi everyone. Two things:

One: Could anyone recommend any good shops around Long Island who installs mods? I've got the mods I want all picked out but WILL NOT DARE to install them myself.

Two: Are there any good places around the island anyone knows of where I can really test out my WRX... especially after the mods are installed?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what do you mean by test out?
    just use the highway when no one's on it.
    i wouldn't try to test out your top end speed, but if you really want to try the ocean parkway through jones beach.
    just don't complain to me if you find yourself in the backseat of a state trooper car. enforcement at jones beach is random and brutal.

ahhh i wouldnt speed on any trooper patrolled roads....2 tickets in a month isnt good..troopers now scare the $hit out of me!!!!

Very true Cyril... I haven't gone over 100 mph on the Ocean Parkway in about 6 - 7 years and mostly because of that reason. It's so unpredictable if a cop is going to be hiding out in the bushes or not. I have seen a few people get nailed first hand. Now why cant they just leave us alone?!?! I wish....

Depending on what mods you need. AZP can probably do the installs.

Check em out at

http://iace.com/azp

Bedabi, and several others have gotten work done by us. Also VERY reasonable pricing, you can PM me also.

-mike
    05 Legacy GT
    04 Nissan Armada
    05 CTS-V

Originally posted by Paisan
    Bedabi, and several others have gotten work done by us.
    They're cool to just hang out with too!

If you catch a nice open streatch of the LIE - you can go crazy fast, its just so long and flat.... but then again .. troopers...

I love the Northern state for my top en handling - nice long sloping curves - and if youre out late at night on the weekends its pretty devoid of cops..

If youre getting all these mods and youre going to be on open roads there - youshould get a good radar detector (like the Valentine 1 - for which i could easily tell you how to hide the remote diplay where no one will ever see it)

speed safely,

Joe
    "Damn.... this car is wicked fast..." ~ My roomate, owner of a supercharged/intercooled 97 Trans AM
    Mods |

Ocean Parkway def. as long as you have a detector and its winter, as for the troopers, how could you get caught on OP in the winter you can see for miles and all the brush is dead and theres no place to hide just slowdown if you see any car. The road is kinda rough west bound, the best spot to really let her out is eastbound just past the Wantaugh, super smooth, flat and straight, untill it goes down to one lane and the road gets rough again, also when hiding places pop up again.
    Last edited by Judge; 02-12-2003 at 05:26 PM.

As for the LIE I dont believe troopers ever patrol the distressway, thats left for Nassau or Suffolk cops, Troopers only do regular patrols on the state parkways, and they change focus locations from time to time, if you read newsday theres always article on when and where the next crack down will be, like the famous WRX article about RM pkway about 6mos. ago otherwise the Troopers in LI stick to the NS and SS in Nassau in the vacinity of there precinct or lodges or what ever their called. I like to add tyhat I absolutely despise State Troopers from NY and especially on LI, and this is comming from a "cop " family. They are nothing but glorified meter maids and are completely useless on LI, they should not even be considerd police officers, JMHO.

I'd have to agree with you on that one Judge... troopers on Long Island are definitely just glorified meter maids. They really dont have much power to do anything except pull you over and give you a hard time. I am also from a "cop" family, so I know a little of what goes on. We aren't living in the middle of nowhere here where there needs to be troopers because there are no other police... tell them to leave us the hell alone!!!

I live in Bethpage. My shop is there too. We do mainly DSMs, but are trying to move into WRX's also. If anyone needs work done to a WRX, we offer a discount to you.

The regular cops around here aren't bad. But you guys are right, the Troopers have a problem with EVERYONE. I guess the only thing you can do is not get caught.
    Dave
    91 Eclipse GST (not stock)
    Full Throttle Performance
    Bethpage, NY

Originally posted by turbolover2
    I live in Bethpage. My shop is there too. We do mainly DSMs, but are trying to move into WRX's also. If anyone needs work done to a WRX, we offer a discount to you.

The regular cops around here aren't bad. But you guys are right, the Troopers have a problem with EVERYONE. I guess the only thing you can do is not get caught.
    what kind of work can you do? and what kind of discount?
    i'm thinking about having a bunch of things done soon. maybe i'll just stop by your shop to see what you have in and say hello.

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    what kind of work can you do? and what kind of discount?
    i'm thinking about having a bunch of things done soon. maybe i'll just stop by your shop to see what you have in and say hello.
    We do pretty much anything (but no heavy duty custom fabrication). We offer a 15% discount to the registered members here. Our hours are by appointment only, so call before you come by to make sure we are there (# is on the website). Usually, we are there late (after 5PM).
    Last edited by turbolover2; 03-04-2003 at 06:00 AM.
    Dave
    91 Eclipse GST (not stock)
    Full Throttle Performance
    Bethpage, NY

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.