NJ Emission question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NJ Emission question within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Anyone in NJ have the TurboXS Turbo Back Exhaust? I am curious if this setup passes emissions, since it removes ...

NJ Emission question

Anyone in NJ have the TurboXS Turbo Back Exhaust?

I am curious if this setup passes emissions, since it removes all cats and just has one high flow cat.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im curios about the emission. Do they Dyno test our Cars?
    I know is not done to SUV's cause they are AWD.
    Please let me know. Cause if thats the case they wont know you are missing the CAT's.
    Aspen White 2003 WRX
    COBB STG 2
    SQC #076

They could still do an emissions test. Either they'll have you go to a place with an awd tester or they'll do it the way they used to... in neutral, and manually rev the car up to 1600 and 2500 rpm and do the test while not under load.
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

I guess my question should have been
    If they are able to test the car at the facility, will the car pass w/ the turbo back exhaust installed?

Thanks

i used to work doing NJ inspection

anything that is AWD will just get a RPM test, (the just rev the car at 2k or so

ANY muffler other then stock will fail (so if you have the turbo back, just put the stock axle back on to bring it to DMV)

as long as they see you have 1 cat you will be ok, (as long as it passed the emissions test)

anything else you wanna know i will answer the best i can

Hey evil why wont the aftermarket exhaust wont pass?
    Air press?
    Aspen White 2003 WRX
    COBB STG 2
    SQC #076

What about the local independent shops that do inspections in NJ. Will they be as stringent on the full exhaust setup?

I was going in for an inspection to get it done so I have a full two years before I need inspection again, I'd just like to know if in your opinion I'd have a better shot at a local garage passing me than the state facility...

Thanks

Originally posted by BlueWRX
    Hey evil why wont the aftermarket exhaust wont pass?
    Air press?
    i donno really, they started that after i quit, my boy that still works there was telling me, its not with the whole exhaust only the muffler, the only reason why i can think that they started that was because we couldn't fail people for loud exhaust (like honda's and stuff) so i think they just made up the new rule about the muffler, but it always depends on where you go, some people are cool and some aren't

I was planning on getting the MRT Turboback exhaust because it retains at least a "high flow" catalytic converter. I wonder if it'll pass with the other 2 cats removed. With my old turbo Honda, I was running lean with a crappy high flow cat and I still failed the world.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.