PICS: Lime Rock, CT- Grand-Am Classic! Icy/Phoenix Racing
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on PICS: Lime Rock, CT- Grand-Am Classic! Icy/Phoenix Racing within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; May 26th - Saturday 2pm ONLY .00 Come cheer on the Icy/Phoenix Racing team's Legacy Spec.B's take on M3's, RX-8's, ...

PICS: Lime Rock, CT- Grand-Am Classic! Icy/Phoenix Racing

May 26th - Saturday 2pm

ONLY $25.00

Come cheer on the Icy/Phoenix Racing team's Legacy Spec.B's take on M3's, RX-8's, 350Z and more!
    Icy/Phoneix races for Subaru with STi's, Legacy Wagons and the Spec.B's.

http://www.icyracing.com/

Lime Rock Park
    497 Lime Rock Rd
    Lakeville, CT 06039

Phone: 860.435.5000
    Toll Free: 1.800.RACE.LRP

Who's going?
    1. D0WNxSH1FT
    2. Weasel555 ????
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 05-21-2007 at 08:00 PM.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn, this is coming up quick. I'll need to look into this. I do want to make this event.

What is the schedule for the competition that weekend? Is the main event on Monday?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Monday is the actual race. All weekend there will be testing, qualifying, etc.

Bump

Was there last year and met a few WRX owners. I love it !! Enjoy the pics from last year.

Oh Yea! I will be there this year too!!

I cant wait for this!

Hell yeah I'll be there!

I can't make it. That sucks as I can't make it out to Watkin's Glen either. I guess I will have to catch them next year.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I plan on going on Saturday for practice. We should plan a time for all the people to meet up there and a spot at the track!

Just a thought!!

Damn, you beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I work for the Team It has been hectic to say the least so thank you for the post.

Anyhow is what I was gonna post. Hope to see you all there........

After fighting a few gremlins last weekend at Mazda Speedway Laguna Seca, the ICY/Phoenix Subaru Legacy Spec B’s finished the race in the 4th and 11th positions. The cars ran in the top five for a decent portion of the race and in 1st place on occasion before a penalty was issued on the #141 on a restart and a cut down rear tire on the #111 late in the race sent the cars to the back of the pack. With Davy Jones (#141) and Kristian Skavnes (#111) behind the wheels, the duo managed to charge from the back to pick up the #141 in 4th and the #111 in 11th. Davy Jones scored the fastest lap of the race and shattered the existing track record with a time of 1.40.725 officially.

This weekend, the ICY/Phoenix Subaru Legacy Spec B’s invade the quiet little town of Lakeville, CT at the famous Lime Rock Park to do battle with the competition and show that Subaru’s mean business. It was one year ago this race weekend when ICY/Phoenix launched the Legacy GT Station Wagon and shocked both the opposition and spectators alike with a 6th place finish. The car ran as high as second place during that race and ran in the top five that entire weekend’s practices. The weekend proved that station wagons aren’t just for getting groceries or dropping the kids off at school. This year, we set off to do it again on the new Legacy Spec B platform. With David Rosenblum (team owner), Chuck Hemmingson (2 times T2 National Champion), Kristian Skavnes (the Lime Rock King) and Davy Jones (owner of Lime Rock’s all-time fastest lap time) behind the wheel of the Spec B’s, it gonna make for one hell of a race.

Please come out and join us for a great race at an awesome facility. Come meet the team, take pictures, ask questions and cheer on the Subies! Hope to see you there…… Cheers!

For more info on the team, please visit http://icyracing.com. For event scheduling, please visit http://grandamerican.com

--Jay--
    Last edited by 04silver bullet; 05-22-2007 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 04silver bullet View Post
    Damn, you beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I work for the Team It has been hectic to say the least so thank you for the post. --Jay--[/B]
    Hey! Thank you for posting. I also posted this thread in the New England States forum where a number of us plan on attending the race.

We are all behind you guys and hope the best for the teams. What time would be best for us to come down to the paddocks to talk, check out the cars and take plenty of pictures?

Thanks,

Chris

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Damn, you beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I work for the Team It has been hectic to say the least so thank you for the post.

--Jay--[/B]
    Hey Jay,
    give me a call soonest , i need to talk about getting some goodies
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Hey! Thank you for posting. I also posted this thread in the New England States forum where a number of us plan on attending the race.

We are all behind you guys and hope the best for the teams. What time would be best for us to come down to the paddocks to talk, check out the cars and take plenty of pictures?

Thanks,

Chris
    Our actual race is @ 2PM on Saturday. Monday will be the GS and GT races.

As for coming down to talk, you guys are welcome any time with best times being anytime on Friday or Saturday morning. Unfortunately with this type of racing, work is sometimes constant but someone will always be available to talk. Everyone is more than welcome to stop by and hangout. We always have time for our fellow Subie enthusiasts.

Weasel,Whacha need bro? You know I'll hook you up I don't believe I have your phone # though, PM me with it. BTW, you gonna try to make it out to the race?
    Last edited by 04silver bullet; 05-22-2007 at 05:27 AM.

Our actual race is @ 2PM on Saturday. Monday will be the GS and GT races.

As for coming down to talk, you guys are welcome any time with best times being on any time on Friday or Saturday morning. Unfortunately with this type of racing, work is sometimes constant but someone will always be available to talk. Everyone is more than welcome to stop by and hangout. We always have time for our fellow Subie enthusiasts.

Weasel,Whacha need bro? You know I'll hook you up I don't believe I have your phone # though, PM me with it. BTW, you gonna try to make it out to the race?
    Hey I just updated the titles and information for all of the threads regarding this race. LimeRock.com should of broken up the days by race class.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.