3rd Annual USNY RallyCross (Sept)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 3rd Annual USNY RallyCross (Sept) within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This is the event you've ALL been waiting for!!! The 3rd Annual UpState New York Rally Cross Click here for ...

3rd Annual USNY RallyCross (Sept)

This is the event you've ALL been waiting for!!!

The 3rd Annual UpState New York Rally Cross

Click here for last year's Event Page

Click here for last year's NASIOC thread

Last Year's YouTube Promo Video 1

Last Year's YouTube Promo Video 2

Originally known as the RallyRPI RallyX, we've attracted rally enthusiasts from all over the New England Region to join us in a day of fun in the dirt.

For the first annual USNY rallycross we had a wonderful time at the Washington County Fairground. We were granted a beautiful 80 degree day with nothing but blue sky and and light breeze that helped clear the stage. Over we ran a completely smooth event with computerized laser timing system that kept track of everything.

THEN we had last year's event in Argyl which we picked because of its devilish twisty (dare I say) stage rally-like terrains where the drivers navigated in and out of the natural valley. We had an interesting turn of events when the clouds decided to dump gallons of rain the night before the race.

The result: MUD FIGHT!

Needless to say, everyone's timed runs were all over the place. One person would get the FTD of the day and then lands a STD the next run. The surface was unpredictable and we had several stranded (AWD) cars that couldn't make up the slopes of the valley.

Nevertheless, when the event ended, everyone had a lot of fun (and also discovered the new meaning of cleaning out the car). Everyone got a FREE event's t-shirt along with a Media CD with pictures and videos of their cars.

BUT because of what happened, we decided to award everyone with a trophy for participating in the 2006 USNY MUD FIGHT!

Best of all, we were able to give away to one lucky winner a free pass to compete in the First Annual Tim O'Neil Rally School Pro-Rally Event.

This year, we're hosting it at the same place, but we will be extremely sensitive when it comes to weather conditions (and this time we have a rain date).

Event INFO

Where
    Upstate New York (1.5 hours north of Albany, NY)
    1601 County Route 23, Granville, NY 12832
    Longitude: -73.32140
    Latitude: 43.41439

When
    Tentative Date: September 23rd (Sunday)
    Rain Date: September 30th (Sunday)

Who
    Anyone that is rally worthy! Please do not bring lowered cars, they do not work too well as you can imagine. Skidplate is always suggested (we do sell them!)
    People who paid the entrance fee and decided not to run the event in rain last year, you are going to be offered a 50% off entrance fee.

Additional Information
    Early-Registration ~$45/Car (cost may reduce once the budget is drafted)
    Normal Registration ~$55/Car (cost may change once the budget is drafted)
    Operation is Non-Profitable and based on meeting minimum event cost
    Normal Registration Amount may change depending on Early-Registration Outcome

Condition
    Grass, Two small hills surrounding a valley, ~<1 mile course

Rules & Classes
    AWD - Rally Prepped
    AWD - Street
    2WD - Rally Prepped
    2WD - Street

Event Schedule

Course Map

Use this thread as discussion thread, and a new registration thread will be made once details are being finalized. Please respond to let us know tentatively if you're coming so we can start a count.
    Last edited by Projectsologear; 08-23-2007 at 10:31 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How far is from Madison county. I will be up there for the month of september and would love to do this. I would love to go in the AWD Street division, will a stock WRX do?
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by GateWRXING View Post
    How far is from Madison county. I will be up there for the month of september and would love to do this. I would love to go in the AWD Street division, will a stock WRX do?
    You're looking at about a 3 hour drive which is going to about what most people will be doing. The reason this is being held on a Sunday is you can spend time on Sat preparing the car and driving down in a relax state.

`Gus

p.s. Yes, Stock WRX roams these rallycrosses and will do plenty well. It's mostly the "driver" that makes the difference.

I have a set of Wintersport m3s on steels....I usually don't swap these out until late October. Any thoughts on running these for the rally or stick with the stockers?

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

those will work out great, and mostly people do come with snow tires because the larger tread blocks usually help dig the wheels in the dirt and help propel the car forward (or sideway).

`Gus

Sorry to keep bugging you with all these questions...What kind of prep would you recommend for a completely stock wrx?

Skid plate, hoodscoop mesh, radiator mesh? I'm thinking out loud so suggestions would help, just trying to decide if I want to put my car through this

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by GateWRXING View Post
    Sorry to keep bugging you with all these questions...What kind of prep would you recommend for a completely stock wrx?

Skid plate, hoodscoop mesh, radiator mesh? I'm thinking out loud so suggestions would help, just trying to decide if I want to put my car through this
    Hey PM me or email me at psgevo@projectsologear.com. I'll be glad to answer as many questions as you want.

`Gus

Ahhh, Gus is at it again!!

I was at the first one with a pretty much stock WRX and I came in 3rd in my class so a powerful car is not needed.

I'ma gunna try to make it this year! gotta get my service stuff done before.

GUS, what are the rules for helmets? SA or M 2005?

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

oooo sounds like good fun what the rpize for #1

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude View Post
    Ahhh, Gus is at it again!!

I was at the first one with a pretty much stock WRX and I came in 3rd in my class so a powerful car is not needed.

I'ma gunna try to make it this year! gotta get my service stuff done before.

GUS, what are the rules for helmets? SA or M 2005?

~myke
    MYKE!!!! How are you doing my friend. YOU BETTER SHOW UP THIS TIME

I believe we went by a hybrid of SCCA and NASA rule last year. I have to ask but I'm pretty sure SA is the safe choice.

BTW, we also have lots of loaner helmets out there for you to use freely, so no worries.

Help us SPREAD THE WORD!

`Gus

We've pushed the date back one week.

Official date: Sept 23rd (Sunday)
    Rain Date: Sept 30th (Sunday)

The PSG RallyCrew will be heading up to the ground to check it out either this weekend or next weekend. More updates to come.

`Gus

Pre-Registration will be opening tonight. More information to come.

`PSG

PRE REGISTRATION OPENED.

Like before, we are accepting PAYPAL payment online.

When Paying, please include your NAME, CAR DRIVEN, MODIFICATION IF ANY, CONTACT EMAIL

All info here: http://www.geocities.com/rallyrpi/rallycross07.html

`PSG

ONE MONTH AWAY, don't miss out on EARLY REG and save $10

Skidplate special has been posted.

Please visit the events home page for more information!

SKIDPLATE SPECIAL
    10% off for all registered drivers - No shipping charges, WE WILL INSTALL IT FOR YOU

`PSG

To make it on the official entry list, you must paypal-preregister!

If you cannot pay with paypal, please PM me and we have alternative methods available.

SPREAD THE WORD!

`PSG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast