Northern NJ good performance shop

This is a discussion on Northern NJ good performance shop within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey so since i got my WRX i've been looking for a good performance shop. I finally found one and ...

Banned

Northern NJ good performance shop

Hey so since i got my WRX i've been looking for a good performance shop. I finally found one and figured i'd pass the info on in case anyone could use it. The place is called "Mother's Auto" or something to that effect, Mother's New auto, whatever... The mechanic that runs the shop has some really sick cars he's built in his showroom, a Supra that almost made me fall to the floor, a sick RX-7, a sweet vette. He knows his stuff. Finally found my new shop. :-)

The phone # is 973-478-0800 if anyone needs good performance service in the north jersey, metro area, I'd recommend giving them a call. Located in Lodi on Rt 46 East.

They have a shop and a store/showroom that makes you wish you could win a shopping spree to it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea ive been in there a couple times for some custom piping quotes. They are a pretty decent shop.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

I had my gauges installed there(boost/vac, volt, oil temp) and i would never go there again.

I failed to realize before taking it there that you needed a certain part(escapes my mind) for the oil temp, so they installed everything else and just stuck the gauge in my pod for the meantime. They were supposed to call me about 3 days later(which is when the guy said they'd have the part in). However, he didn't get the part in for another ~1 1/2 weeks, and didn't call me once.

Not only that, but they also installed my boost gauge wrong(boost only read up to 8psi and they didn't hook up the vac line)

I wouldn't go there again
    Psyk

4EAT+Blobeye

Quote Originally Posted by Blup View Post
    Hey so since i got my WRX i've been looking for a good performance shop. I finally found one and figured i'd pass the info on in case anyone could use it. The place is called "Mother's Auto" or something to that effect, Mother's New auto, whatever... The mechanic that runs the shop has some really sick cars he's built in his showroom, a Supra that almost made me fall to the floor, a sick RX-7, a sweet vette. He knows his stuff. Finally found my new shop. :-)

The phone # is 973-478-0800 if anyone needs good performance service in the north jersey, metro area, I'd recommend giving them a call. Located in Lodi on Rt 46 East.

They have a shop and a store/showroom that makes you wish you could win a shopping spree to it.
    Is that the shop where it says "MOTHERS" in big letters across the front windows?
    00 Black Honda Civic Si Stolen RIP
    04 Blue Subaru Impreza WRX

kill thieves:

Banned
    No, it's the shop that says "DON'T COME HERE WE SUCK".... seriously... They were great at first and then they were terrible. I wouldn't go back there if they were the last shop in the world.

As a mechanic the new guy Phil seems pretty good. Young guy, and i'd probably trust his opinion. But the way the place is run is just frustrating. I heard about 5 different stories about my car while it was there, from no problems (total BS) to needs a new motor and everything in between.

Basically I went in saying "hey i got a few exhaust leaks, a broken endlink, my lower control arm looks a little ehhh and i'm worried about my motor. My headers are messed up so if the leaks are that bad i wouldn't mind replacing them"... Whatever. It woulda been a good chunk of work I just didn't have any time to do myself. Woulda been a great job for any shop to do, replacing exhaust pipes new suspension (wanted new swaybars and springs but doing that myself now).

Long story short... After i TOLD THEM what i KNEW was wrong with the car they came back and said it was FINE, and then another guy said the motor was blew, and another guy said it was alright just a few leaks, and another guy said this and that and... ugh. you get the idea.

Eventually they fixed some minor problems, ignored the leaky exhaust that i basically wanted them to replace and didn't even look at my suspension. I just drove my car home cause i was so sick of them.

I gotta replace at least my header gaskets and downpipe and i'm putting in my new swaybars and lateral links/control arms this weekend hopefully. I'm still a little unsure about a few things with the car that I'm just figuring out myself now since i can't find anyone to trust with my baby.... Problem is I'm not all too experienced so i barely trust myself... or have the right tools... oh well..

Don't go there.